Reader reviews and comments on What You Owe Me, plus links to write your own review.

What You Owe Me

by Bebe Moore Campbell

What You Owe Me by Bebe Moore Campbell

Aug 2001, 496 pages
    Sep 2002, 528 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for What You Owe Me

Bibliophiend (05/23/04)

Campbell should have the success of Terry McMillan. Her writing is much better and her characters are more well drawn. This book once again follows the lives of several families and generations, and she once again makes all the characters believable, real people rather than stereotypical portraits. While I enjoyed this book, it isn't her best work, however. Would highly recommend Brothers and Sisters.
Debi (12/31/03)

Well-written story that runs across generations and cultural boundaries.
GMack (03/01/03)

I thought the book was pretty good.
Praise for 'What you Owe Me' (06/12/02)

The book is absolutely wonderful! Bebe Moore Campbell is once again at her best. A prolific author who entangles readers into another world, and has them emerging with a sense of completeness and new knowledge of life's important lessons.
-M. Wright, Auburn, AL
D. L. Raskin (05/24/02)

This book is on my shelf next to Beach Music. The author is the best I have read in years. The lines that twisted and braided through the characters, their unique places in this life and on their ancestral chains create a beauty product for all, black,white.hispanic, male, female, Jew and NonJew, fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, fathers and daughters, and mothers and sons. My friends will hear about this book!
D. L. Raskin

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

Chance favors only the prepared mind

Y S M B, I'll S Y