Reader reviews and comments on What Every Girl (Except Me) Knows, plus links to write your own review.

What Every Girl (Except Me) Knows

by Nora Raleigh Baskin

What Every Girl (Except Me) Knows

Mar 2001, 224 pages
    Nov 2002, 224 pages

There are currently 24 reader reviews for What Every Girl (Except Me) Knows

Valerie (04/28/10)

Awesome!!
This was such a good book!! I want to read it again but I cant find it anywhere!! It's one of my fave's!!
Alison Miller (03/11/09)

Alison Miller
I think this was a very interesting and exciting book. I was shocked to find myself never wanting to put it down. This book is so unique because I really feel that I could connect with some of the things the main character was going through. I would definitely recomend this book to anyone!
Bella (02/11/09)

A very good book for girls growing up
My daughter has read this book and loved it! It is truly a great book and this is true!!!
olivia (04/18/08)

bombage
I really enjoyed this book because it expresses Gabby's feelings. And every girl HAS to go through this in there life
Brenna (04/14/07)

YbF
I am currently reading "What Every Girl (except me) Knows" by Nora Raleigh Baskin. Although at the moment I am only on chapter 20, it is one of the greatest books I have read with in the whole 12 years of my life. It is about a girl, Gabby, who has lost her mother at a very young age and has no idea how to act. She lives with her father, who is an artist, and her brother Ian, who plays guitar. She keeps three journals one for dreams one for important stuff and one as a list of what women do so that when she grows up she won't screw up.
She gets her information from all of her dad's girlfriends, and his most recent is Cleo. I am enjoying this book because Gabby and I are around the same age and in some ways I feel like Gabby and I have the same feelings and some things I can relate to. You may disagree but the only way to find out what you think is to read the book your self.
This book, I think, has no real genre but it is a diary in some way. I intend to finish it and give yet another review. I think the age limit is around 10-16.
Kasuyo1 (03/28/07)

i love this magnificent book!!!
I love it so much it's SUCH an inspiration! Now NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY MY MOTHER GOES ALL GIRL ON M3H!!!! I LOVE YOU MOMMY!
kaitlyn (11/25/05)

completley amazing
This book is a huge insperation on me! i am having to read this book for a project and wow i thought it was going to be so boring and it was just gonna be a blow off book. wow was i wrong!! this book is very very well writen it is completly a great book for young children or young teens! i want anyone and everyone to read this book it will change your life for ever... i sure changed mine!!!! :)
Lilian (07/09/05)

My thoughts
I thought this book was great because it is about a twelve year old girl growing up without a mother. Her mother died when she was only three so she doesnt know much about her death but now is willing to go to another city with her brother to find out what happened to her mother.

Do No Harm
    by Henry Marsh
    British neurosurgeon Henry Marsh might already be familiar as the subject of the Emmy-winning ...
  • Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

A Certain Age
    by Beatriz Williams

The Roaring Twenties comes to life in this tale of intrigue, romance, and scandal.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q