MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Music of The Spheres, plus links to write your own review.

Music of The Spheres

by Elizabeth Redfern

Music of The Spheres

Jul 2001, 400 pages
    Aug 2002, 400 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Music of The Spheres

Carolyn Goddette (08/19/06)

music of the Spheres
I was impressed with this novel! I am a voracious reader, especially of historical novels. I thought this book was very well written, held my interest all the way through, and had a beautiful, touching ending.
I am a musician also, which is why I was attracted to the title. I hope Ms. Redfern continues writing. I will look forward to future novels!
Donna Volger (02/03/05)

Ms. Redfern's two books are equal to the P.D. James mysteries and that's saying a lot from me as Ms. James has been my favorite for years..Ms. Redern's books are filled with suspense and she has such detail about so many things..She must do tremendous research. I hope it will not be too long before her third book comes out which I will eagerly await...Congratulations to a wonderful new author!
Ellen Herbert (12/13/04)

was so sorry to see the last pages. simply perfect for chilly nights in front of the fireplace.
intricatly plotted and wonderful characters.
cant wait for the next offering from Ms. Redfern
Andy Nethercoat (03/01/03)

I'm only half way through the book at the moment. I logged on to the net to find out what other books by Elizabeth Redfern I could find to order for when I've finished Music of the Spheres but alas this is her first novel. Such an accomplished book could only have been written by a much more experienced author ( I thought ).
From the very beginning I was hooked and just had to find out what happened next. I am in that state where I'm desperately reading on to find out what happens, but at the same time dreading the end, as the book will be finished.
Thank you Elizabeth Redfern for a fantastic read. I wait eagerly for your second novel.
I realise that I haven't really reviewed the book, but I am only half way through.
If you are in any doubt about buying the book, buy it now.
Paul (12/02/02)

I've just finished reading Music of The Spheres. I thought it was a well crafted and satifying read. It held my attention and zipped along at a cracking pace. The descriptive passages were beauitfully handled (even if Redfern did mention the smell of tobacco and stale beer once too often for my liking!).

The plot was gripping; a cross between a LeCarre-esque spy thriller crossed with a serial murder mystery mixed with an historical novel set during the French Revolution. If this all sounds a bit stodgy that's down to my poor skills as a reviewer. The book itself is marvellous. I am already looking forward to Elizabeth Redfern's second novel.
timmy (11/14/02)

very good
Alicia Young (10/15/02)

This book is great I haven't stopped reading it since I bought it! This book has great character development for a first time novelist. There could be great depth into scenes such as scenery and environment but it does include accurate information of the time and explains the history of the time.

• Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

A Certain Age
    by Beatriz Williams

The Roaring Twenties comes to life in this tale of intrigue, romance, and scandal.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q