What readers think of Julie and Romeo, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Jun 2001, 256 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Julie and Romeo

j;bart

julie & romeo
My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed "julie & romeo".
We sincerely hope Ms. Ray turns out to be a prolific
writer. It was light, entertaining and humorous.
Thank you, Ms. Ray, for a most entertaining read.
Sam

Battles and Bouquets
An absolutely delightful book. The cover photo tells it all - it's wonderfully light and airy, simple and, ultimately, joyful. I read it at the perfect time - the beginning of summer.
One feud - oooh, how delicious to hate collectively. Two families, united, each against the other. Three generations - just how long is thing going to last, anyway? Haven't these people read the Bard? Don't they know how fatal this could be? Isn't there more at stake than roses?

As it turns out, there is. As it turns out, one of the generations wises up. And, as it turns out, this isn't classical literature, but it's a lovely story about a couple of really nice people.
Darianne

Thanks!
Thoroughly enjoyed this book...The characters were very believable to me and I too hated to see it end! Hope Ms. Ray will be publishing more books.
L.Yeager

This book is a delight! Especially to those of us over 50 and into the revived dating scene. Most of the side comments are exactly what we would mumble to ourselves but it's refreshing to know that others may think the same. A laugh-out-loud entertaining read.
Billie Zahurak

I'm not a romance reader. I tried to dislike this book; and did until our book club met to discuss it. After our discussion, I changed my mind about the book and about the characters. I understand them and like the book enough to recommend it to friends.

The characters are great; it's laugh-out-loud funny. You can relate very much to the characters who make you crazy one minute and cry the next. You've never met families like these two! We teamed this book with Romeo & Juliet and did a theme meeting including readings from the play.

This was an enjoyable read; especially if you like romances!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    by Douglas Westerbeke
    From the very first page of A Short Walk Through a Wide World, debut novelist (and librarian!) ...
  • Book Jacket: The Swans of Harlem
    The Swans of Harlem
    by Karen Valby
    Journalist Karen Valby's first book, The Swans of Harlem, introduces readers to the little-known ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Eaters
    The Light Eaters
    by Zoë Schlanger
    The human race is completely dependent on plants. Many people, however, give little thought to ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Long After We Are Gone
by Terah Shelton Harris
After their father's death, four siblings rally to save their family home in this gripping and hopeful tale.

Members Recommend

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading, you wish the author that wrote it was a ...

R is a D B S C