Reader reviews and comments on The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, plus links to write your own review.

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

by Michael Chabon

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon X
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon

Sep 2000, 636 pages
    Aug 2001, 656 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

Andy

It's great! A very good twist of the elements of metafiction, science fiction, and realism.
Barry G.

An amazing blend of genres, from an historical novel to pop culture. The book is wonderfully written, with descriptions of time and place that put you right there. My only criticism is that, at 639 pages, it is a bit long and, thus, somewhat redundant in theme.
cita

AMAZING.

I spent the entire night just reading, could´t stop.
anna k

An excellent book, an intricate and interesting plot. The characters are sympathetic; even when you disagree with their actions, you identify with their motivations. Great ending, not fairy-tale perfect but reassuring.
SteveS

The book is simply a treat -- the type you hope never ends. Buy it, read it, enjoy it.
Alexa Intrator

I'm on page 592 and just don't want it to end. It's a brilliant epic with metaphors that work and language that is simply, or not so simply delicious.
Linz

the book is amazing, it is as aimple as that
Marlene

This is obviously the work of a gifted artist who uses language as artists use paints and colors. It is not particularly an easy read, one will need to concentrate as it is not fluff, but it is well worth the effort. It is such a creative work that it astounded me. I have not encountered too many contemporary authors with this high level of genius and writing ability. The sentences are just so beautiful! The story is captivating and presents a slice of life and a time period through the prism of the world of graphic artists and comic book stories - this sounds strange but it really works and is excellent. I did feel that some of the author's steam died a little bit in the last third of the novel. ...almost as though he wrote the beginning sections not knowing how he intended to end the story - it is not really a satisfying ending, but rather a neat one of necessity, as if he almost got tired of writing at the same brilliant level he started with. However, this is only a minor complaint - this author's weakness would be the shining moments for 99% of the other writer's that are around today.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R