Reader reviews and comments on The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, plus links to write your own review.

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

by Michael Chabon

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon X
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon

Sep 2000, 636 pages
    Aug 2001, 656 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

Andy

It's great! A very good twist of the elements of metafiction, science fiction, and realism.
Barry G.

An amazing blend of genres, from an historical novel to pop culture. The book is wonderfully written, with descriptions of time and place that put you right there. My only criticism is that, at 639 pages, it is a bit long and, thus, somewhat redundant in theme.
cita

AMAZING.

I spent the entire night just reading, couldĀ“t stop.
anna k

An excellent book, an intricate and interesting plot. The characters are sympathetic; even when you disagree with their actions, you identify with their motivations. Great ending, not fairy-tale perfect but reassuring.
SteveS

The book is simply a treat -- the type you hope never ends. Buy it, read it, enjoy it.
Alexa Intrator

I'm on page 592 and just don't want it to end. It's a brilliant epic with metaphors that work and language that is simply, or not so simply delicious.
Linz

the book is amazing, it is as aimple as that
Marlene

This is obviously the work of a gifted artist who uses language as artists use paints and colors. It is not particularly an easy read, one will need to concentrate as it is not fluff, but it is well worth the effort. It is such a creative work that it astounded me. I have not encountered too many contemporary authors with this high level of genius and writing ability. The sentences are just so beautiful! The story is captivating and presents a slice of life and a time period through the prism of the world of graphic artists and comic book stories - this sounds strange but it really works and is excellent. I did feel that some of the author's steam died a little bit in the last third of the novel. ...almost as though he wrote the beginning sections not knowing how he intended to end the story - it is not really a satisfying ending, but rather a neat one of necessity, as if he almost got tired of writing at the same brilliant level he started with. However, this is only a minor complaint - this author's weakness would be the shining moments for 99% of the other writer's that are around today.

• Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E