Reader reviews and comments on The Unwanted, plus links to write your own review.

The Unwanted

by Kien Nguyen

The Unwanted by Kien Nguyen X
The Unwanted by Kien Nguyen

Mar 2001, 352 pages
    Apr 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for The Unwanted

Anne-Marie Whitehouse

Excellent book, he had it all, he lost it all, he built on what was left to make a success of his life. When is the sequel coming out.
Kay Wade

I found the book totally engrossing from various aspects. At the end, I did feel cut off as I wanted to know more about his life in the refugee camp. I was surprised to read that he became a dentist. I wanted to know what happened to others in his family too. I think he has a lot of material left for more books. I look forward to his next one and wish him all the best in the world.
Amy

An amazing story of a boy fighting to survive where it seems impossible to survive. Left me in tears of grief and joy over his sufferings and his escape.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Office of Historical Corrections
    The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict

The real-life disappearance of Agatha Christie is perhaps her greatest mystery of all.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F