Reader reviews and comments on A Primate's Memoir, plus links to write your own review.

A Primate's Memoir

Mar 2001, 304 pages
    Mar 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for A Primate's Memoir

Treva

Fantastic, one of the best books i have ever read.
ndasny

It is such an excellent example of a humanized scientific perspective; in fact there's no other comparison in the way the lives of baboons, peoples and science, and of a individual life are intertwined. It is a optimal mixture of entertainment and education.
Shirley

Tremendously great. It kept me thorouhgly entertained throughout the entire novel. A definite add-on to anyone's booklist.
gloria fossi

For all the people who loves animals and nature...
I read this book during my last long yourney in South Africa, Botswana and Mozambique. It is the most amazing book I have read during this year. Thank you, Robert Sapolsky.
Dawn

I thoroughly enjoyed Robert M. Sapolsky's bizarre adventures and his ability to tell them both humorously and intelligently. He allows the reader to move through the chapters as if they were right along side him; maybe even sharing a bit of the 2 kilo's of the bargain 'tamarin' he purchased for the trip. It was captivating to learn about the Sudan or ride on a barge down the Nile or learn of the history, the politics, tribes and cultures of Africa. This was not the African experience I envisioned.
I loved his sense of humor and descriptions. Thank you Robert! for sharing your family of baboons as well as your travels in Africa...it's not a place I'm brave enough to go off the beaten path as you have nor would I have seen things in the same witty light as you.
kyoozoo

I lost interest in the baboons, though Dr. Sapolsky kept me amazed and amused with his tales and observations about his travels, the people he met, and the messes he got himself into.
Sarah

I would have given this book a better review if I hadn't felt misled. I thought I was about to read a book about baboons, instead I read a book about Africa. Although it is very well written, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. So, if you're are looking for a book about Africa, it's probably a must read. If you're looking for a book about baboons, don't bother!

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes