Reader reviews and comments on Fast Food Nation, plus links to write your own review.

Fast Food Nation

Jan 2001, 288 pages
    Jan 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Fast Food Nation

allie

I really enjoyed it--it was very insightful, and it makes you reflect on some things
Anonymous

THID BOOK IS AWESOME
e

This was an incredible book not only because of the topic it covered, but the thorough manner in which the author expounded upon his research. The time and effort Schlosser spent to write this is evident in his calmly passionate explanation of the situation in which we find ourselves today. This book is a call to action, a must-read for those of us who want to be informed about our choices as American consumers.

Awesome book. A must read for any avid fast-food eater. It will make you think before you taking another bite of that greasy burger. Should be required reading for everyone. Use your head, and make informed decisions, read this book!
Mark_Bledsoe

Frightening, should make you think about your eating habits.
Chris H

Thsi book was most intelectual when questioning the era of the century we are in. It displayed a nich for the facts that business is the driving machine in America. The fast food industry is just as we english scholars like to say "la ist normlish". Jolly good novel not up to par with Upton Sinclairs though as one stagnant rodent might feel.
Darren M O'Connor

Excellant read. Schlosser is definite and centred with the facts. Althought his great storytelling ability is lost somewhere near the end amid multi-facts it's the subject matter and Schlosser's ability to present it using seasoned logic which makes for such a good read. Like it or loathe it, you have to hand it to Eric for a well-researched and exciting read.
Jacob A

My group and I researched the technology practice of fast food for our final presentation this term in tech values in society. The book was suggested to us by our teacher and proved to be an interesting read. The content was not too suprising (fast food is just like the other industries), but reading it was fun rather than dry.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up

E Dog H I D