Reader reviews and comments on The Weight of All Things, plus links to write your own review.

by Sandra Benitez

Feb 2001, 239 pages
    Feb 2002, 239 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Weight of All Things

Elaine (04/10/12)

Weight of all things
I had to read this book for a English class. I found some parts of it good and others I didn't like. I don't like how some of the people are treated or how long it takes him to realize that his mother is dead. I love the cultural aspect for the plain fact I did a research paper on El Salvador. I thought it was cool that we got to read a book on the place that I was researching. i guess its not a bad book, but its not really one I would read over and over again like I do a lot of other books.
Larissa (01/09/12)

The Weight of All Things
I was forced to read this book for English. I skimmed most of it because it wasn't interesting. Its poorly written. Now I'm stuck writing an essay, and there are no essays online. If this was a good book there would've been more (good) reviews, Sparknotes and essays. Don't buy this book, its a waste of money and time.
Avid Reader (05/11/11)

Amazing Novel
Best story ever required for English! I actually enjoyed reading this novel. Benitez is an amazing writer!
Kayla (11/30/10)

Really?
I was forced to read the book for English class, of course nowadays most of my classmates just automatically assume the book is going to suck. I tried to remain on the positive side as our teacher handed us the books. I am almost all the way through the book and I still didn't think it would be this terrible.

The plot is slow going, death is a strong, poorly written theme, and every little detail just had to be written into each sentence over and over. I'm sure no one would mind if this book just happened to accidentally be misplaced while in my possession.

Seriously, don't read this book.
Kaphik (09/22/10)

it sucked
This was a terrible book. It was slow and it was boring. I would have never read it on my own time. I dozed off most of the time and then had to go back and read the part again. I would not recommend this book to anyone! If you want to read a good book, don't read this one.
Savannah (07/30/10)

Horrible.
I hated this book. It was slow, boring, and though it was about war and how destructive it is I didn't like it. Half of it was in Spanish and I had to Google every other word. I would not recommend this book let alone read it again. This book was horrible and every page I was forced to read made me more and more bored.

• Book Jacket: The Romanovs
    The Marriage of Opposites
    by Alice Hoffman

The Secret Language of Stones
    by M. J. Rose

"A fantastic historical tale of war, love, loss and intrigue."
    – Melanie Benjamin

Falling
    by Jane Green

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All