MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Paradise Park, plus links to write your own review.

Paradise Park

by Allegra Goodman

Paradise Park

Mar 2001, 432 pages
    Apr 2002, 432 pages

There is 1 reader review for Paradise Park

June Fox (10/24/02)

This book grew on me. At first, I found it disappointing; I didn't care for the protagonist (too silly), and couldn't relate to her frivolous, try anything lifestyle. I felt the author didn't respect her much either! But then I started finding the character's innocent, trusting, "go with the flow" nature rather endearing. I enjoyed the way Goodman poked fun at almost every cult and religious group that purports to have "the answer." After all her drifing too and fro, I was pleased with the way the character's life turned out.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk