Reader reviews and comments on Turning On The Girls, plus links to write your own review.

Turning On The Girls

by Cheryl Benard

Turning On The Girls by Cheryl Benard

Feb 2001, 256 pages
    Jul 2002, 335 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Turning On The Girls

Angela (02/07/11)

Comedic Relief!
This book is great for us older, tired feminists as well as the young daring ones, and any and all who think that we can make a better world than the one we have. So much "education" without even knowing it! Laughter is good for the soul! It was another one of those books that made me wonder why I haven't written one yet! Thank you Cheryl for all the validation of my own musings and fantasies! Very inspiring! Can't wait to read more of your work. Surprised to just now be discovering you-- in my local public library! Yes!
go2yourlibrary (11/13/02)

Our discussion about this book was really good! Half our members thought this book was hilarious--funny!! witty!! a comment on society!! The other half of the group thought it insulting, patronizing and sexist.
Character and plot certainly added to the discussion, but we also Investigated the Author and spent some time trying to figure out WHY she portrayed a matriarchial society as she did. Was there a secret hidden (political) agenda?

Great for discussion groups--you either love it or hate it. (Also, entertaining to read)
go2yourlibrary (07/22/02)

Our bookclub, Words And Flava, has decided to read this book for our August selection. We will let you know how our discussion goes!

• Book Jacket: Perfect Little World
    Perfect Little World
    by Kevin Wilson
    It might be the beginning of a tragic story: Izzy Poole falls in love with her mentally unstable ...
  • Book Jacket: Pachinko

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

K Your F C