Reader reviews and comments on Turning On The Girls, plus links to write your own review.

Turning On The Girls

by Cheryl Benard

Turning On The Girls

Feb 2001, 256 pages
    Jul 2002, 335 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Turning On The Girls

Angela (02/07/11)

Comedic Relief!
This book is great for us older, tired feminists as well as the young daring ones, and any and all who think that we can make a better world than the one we have. So much "education" without even knowing it! Laughter is good for the soul! It was another one of those books that made me wonder why I haven't written one yet! Thank you Cheryl for all the validation of my own musings and fantasies! Very inspiring! Can't wait to read more of your work. Surprised to just now be discovering you-- in my local public library! Yes!
go2yourlibrary (11/13/02)

Our discussion about this book was really good! Half our members thought this book was hilarious--funny!! witty!! a comment on society!! The other half of the group thought it insulting, patronizing and sexist.
Character and plot certainly added to the discussion, but we also Investigated the Author and spent some time trying to figure out WHY she portrayed a matriarchial society as she did. Was there a secret hidden (political) agenda?

Great for discussion groups--you either love it or hate it. (Also, entertaining to read)
go2yourlibrary (07/22/02)

Our bookclub, Words And Flava, has decided to read this book for our August selection. We will let you know how our discussion goes!

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti
  • Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    So Say the Fallen
    by Stuart Neville

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.