Reader reviews and comments on Turning On The Girls, plus links to write your own review.

Turning On The Girls

Jul 2002, 335 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Turning On The Girls

Angela

Comedic Relief!
This book is great for us older, tired feminists as well as the young daring ones, and any and all who think that we can make a better world than the one we have. So much "education" without even knowing it! Laughter is good for the soul! It was another one of those books that made me wonder why I haven't written one yet! Thank you Cheryl for all the validation of my own musings and fantasies! Very inspiring! Can't wait to read more of your work. Surprised to just now be discovering you-- in my local public library! Yes!
go2yourlibrary

Our discussion about this book was really good! Half our members thought this book was hilarious--funny!! witty!! a comment on society!! The other half of the group thought it insulting, patronizing and sexist.
Character and plot certainly added to the discussion, but we also Investigated the Author and spent some time trying to figure out WHY she portrayed a matriarchial society as she did. Was there a secret hidden (political) agenda?

Great for discussion groups--you either love it or hate it. (Also, entertaining to read)
go2yourlibrary

Our bookclub, Words And Flava, has decided to read this book for our August selection. We will let you know how our discussion goes!

• Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers