Reader reviews and comments on Turning On The Girls, plus links to write your own review.

Turning On The Girls

by Cheryl Benard

Turning On The Girls by Cheryl Benard

Feb 2001, 256 pages
    Jul 2002, 335 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Turning On The Girls

Angela (02/07/11)

Comedic Relief!
This book is great for us older, tired feminists as well as the young daring ones, and any and all who think that we can make a better world than the one we have. So much "education" without even knowing it! Laughter is good for the soul! It was another one of those books that made me wonder why I haven't written one yet! Thank you Cheryl for all the validation of my own musings and fantasies! Very inspiring! Can't wait to read more of your work. Surprised to just now be discovering you-- in my local public library! Yes!
go2yourlibrary (11/13/02)

Our discussion about this book was really good! Half our members thought this book was hilarious--funny!! witty!! a comment on society!! The other half of the group thought it insulting, patronizing and sexist.
Character and plot certainly added to the discussion, but we also Investigated the Author and spent some time trying to figure out WHY she portrayed a matriarchial society as she did. Was there a secret hidden (political) agenda?

Great for discussion groups--you either love it or hate it. (Also, entertaining to read)
go2yourlibrary (07/22/02)

Our bookclub, Words And Flava, has decided to read this book for our August selection. We will let you know how our discussion goes!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

The dirtiest book of all is the expurgated book

Y S M B, I'll S Y