What readers think of Turning On The Girls, plus links to write your own review.

Turning On The Girls

Jul 2002, 335 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Turning On The Girls

Angela

Comedic Relief!
This book is great for us older, tired feminists as well as the young daring ones, and any and all who think that we can make a better world than the one we have. So much "education" without even knowing it! Laughter is good for the soul! It was another one of those books that made me wonder why I haven't written one yet! Thank you Cheryl for all the validation of my own musings and fantasies! Very inspiring! Can't wait to read more of your work. Surprised to just now be discovering you-- in my local public library! Yes!
go2yourlibrary

Our discussion about this book was really good! Half our members thought this book was hilarious--funny!! witty!! a comment on society!! The other half of the group thought it insulting, patronizing and sexist.
Character and plot certainly added to the discussion, but we also Investigated the Author and spent some time trying to figure out WHY she portrayed a matriarchial society as she did. Was there a secret hidden (political) agenda?

Great for discussion groups--you either love it or hate it. (Also, entertaining to read)
go2yourlibrary

Our bookclub, Words And Flava, has decided to read this book for our August selection. We will let you know how our discussion goes!

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Light of Days
    The Light of Days
    by Judy Batalion
    Renia, Sarah, Zivia, Frumka, Hantze, Tosia, Vladka, Chajka, Gusta, Hela, Bela, Lonka, Tema, Chasia, ...
  • Book Jacket: Hummingbird Salamander
    Hummingbird Salamander
    by Jeff VanderMeer
    In Hummingbird Salamander, Jeff VanderMeer weaves cybersecurity, bioterrorism, wildlife trafficking ...
  • Book Jacket: The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    by Stephanie Dray
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette, Stephanie Dray's latest work of historical fiction, revolves around ...
  • Book Jacket: Windhall
    Windhall
    by Ava Barry
    Ava Barry's debut mystery novel Windhall is centered around the salacious murder of a starlet named ...

The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson

A charming, uplifting debut about a mother and her 12-year-old son, an aspiring comedian.

Of Women and Salt
    by Gabriela Garcia

A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire