Reader reviews and comments on Our Twisted Hero, plus links to write your own review.

Our Twisted Hero

Feb 2001, 128 pages

There is 1 reader review for Our Twisted Hero

Anonymous (08/09/01)

Rebecca
Thirty years ago Han Pyongt'ae was 12 when he arrived at a dilapidated rural school in Korea.
With no friends or brothers & an aging teacher who prefers the status quo of the class monitor's insidious & implacable totalitarianism, this lone boy, with all the city-dweller's contempt for country folk, determines to fight against this charismatic bully.
A riveting allegory, of both a school & a nation, which starts as a classroom power play & turns into chilling persecution.
A curious & fascinating read - utterly colorless & utterly masculine in its tale of dominance & justice.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or badly written. That is all.

K Your F C