Reader reviews and comments on Our Twisted Hero, plus links to write your own review.

Our Twisted Hero

Feb 2001, 128 pages

There is 1 reader review for Our Twisted Hero

Anonymous

Rebecca
Thirty years ago Han Pyongt'ae was 12 when he arrived at a dilapidated rural school in Korea.
With no friends or brothers & an aging teacher who prefers the status quo of the class monitor's insidious & implacable totalitarianism, this lone boy, with all the city-dweller's contempt for country folk, determines to fight against this charismatic bully.
A riveting allegory, of both a school & a nation, which starts as a classroom power play & turns into chilling persecution.
A curious & fascinating read - utterly colorless & utterly masculine in its tale of dominance & justice.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S