Reader reviews and comments on The Villa, plus links to write your own review.

The Villa

by Nora Roberts

The Villa

Mar 2001, 448 pages
    Apr 2002, 496 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Villa

pointereader (03/03/07)

Like wine? Read it
I'm a fan of Roberts and red wine, so this was a dream read. It's vintage Roberts (glossy people and settings, sex plus suspense, quick pace), so anyone looking for deep characters, semicolons, or the meaning of life should cork this bottle up and take a drink of Henry James instead. (But beware, you'll be sipping for a lot longer...) Fans of Roberts won't be disappointed. Fans of the vine will like it too--pair it with a chilly night, a fireplace and a nice glass of Pinot Noir. Mmmmmm.
Wanda G (01/18/05)

I absolutely loved this book. It was like I was there in the book observing everything with my own eyes and ears. It has non-stop excitement and suspense. Nora Roberts has a way with words that made me feel this way. I could only wish to write in such a way.
Anonymous (12/21/04)

I've just listened to the audiotape of Nora Roberts "The Villa." The actress reading the tape is obviously very good, even though the male voices are quite ugly.
As to the novel itself, I wonder how popular writers create the atmosphere in which nothing matters. Craft and surface is everything. We don;t care about motivation or characters, only how the genre writer will shape a plot that no one cares about. Everything is like a crystal, all artificiality and no heart. Sophia, Ty, Pilar, the Matriarch, the villains are totally unreal, just shapes in a fictional theme park. How do they do it?
Cynthia San Antonio (06/23/03)

I cannot put the book down once I started reading it. It will keep you in suspense all through-out. You can never guess who killed who in the story.

• Book Jacket: Barkskins
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All