What readers think of The Villa, plus links to write your own review.

The Villa

Apr 2002, 496 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Villa

pointereader

Like wine? Read it
I'm a fan of Roberts and red wine, so this was a dream read. It's vintage Roberts (glossy people and settings, sex plus suspense, quick pace), so anyone looking for deep characters, semicolons, or the meaning of life should cork this bottle up and take a drink of Henry James instead. (But beware, you'll be sipping for a lot longer...) Fans of Roberts won't be disappointed. Fans of the vine will like it too--pair it with a chilly night, a fireplace and a nice glass of Pinot Noir. Mmmmmm.
Wanda G

I absolutely loved this book. It was like I was there in the book observing everything with my own eyes and ears. It has non-stop excitement and suspense. Nora Roberts has a way with words that made me feel this way. I could only wish to write in such a way.
Cynthia San Antonio

I cannot put the book down once I started reading it. It will keep you in suspense all through-out. You can never guess who killed who in the story.

I've just listened to the audiotape of Nora Roberts "The Villa." The actress reading the tape is obviously very good, even though the male voices are quite ugly.
As to the novel itself, I wonder how popular writers create the atmosphere in which nothing matters. Craft and surface is everything. We don;t care about motivation or characters, only how the genre writer will shape a plot that no one cares about. Everything is like a crystal, all artificiality and no heart. Sophia, Ty, Pilar, the Matriarch, the villains are totally unreal, just shapes in a fictional theme park. How do they do it?

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Code Breaker
    The Code Breaker
    by Walter Isaacson
    What makes humans human? It's a mystery that has inspired philosophers and driven scientific ...
  • Book Jacket: Genesis
    Genesis
    by Guido Tonelli
    Popular science books represent an important niche in non-fiction. They build a bridge between ...
  • Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...
  • Book Jacket: Firekeeper's Daughter
    Firekeeper's Daughter
    by Angeline Boulley
    Angeline Boulley's young adult novel Firekeeper's Daughter follows 18-year-old Daunis — ...

Of Women and Salt
by Gabriela Garcia
A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

A Theater for Dreamers
    by Polly Samson

A spellbinding tour-de-force about the beauty between naïveté and cruelty, artist and muse.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

A S I T closet