Reader reviews and comments on The Villa, plus links to write your own review.

The Villa

Apr 2002, 496 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Villa

pointereader

Like wine? Read it
I'm a fan of Roberts and red wine, so this was a dream read. It's vintage Roberts (glossy people and settings, sex plus suspense, quick pace), so anyone looking for deep characters, semicolons, or the meaning of life should cork this bottle up and take a drink of Henry James instead. (But beware, you'll be sipping for a lot longer...) Fans of Roberts won't be disappointed. Fans of the vine will like it too--pair it with a chilly night, a fireplace and a nice glass of Pinot Noir. Mmmmmm.
Wanda G

I absolutely loved this book. It was like I was there in the book observing everything with my own eyes and ears. It has non-stop excitement and suspense. Nora Roberts has a way with words that made me feel this way. I could only wish to write in such a way.
Cynthia San Antonio

I cannot put the book down once I started reading it. It will keep you in suspense all through-out. You can never guess who killed who in the story.
Anonymous

I've just listened to the audiotape of Nora Roberts "The Villa." The actress reading the tape is obviously very good, even though the male voices are quite ugly.
As to the novel itself, I wonder how popular writers create the atmosphere in which nothing matters. Craft and surface is everything. We don;t care about motivation or characters, only how the genre writer will shape a plot that no one cares about. Everything is like a crystal, all artificiality and no heart. Sophia, Ty, Pilar, the Matriarch, the villains are totally unreal, just shapes in a fictional theme park. How do they do it?

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie