What readers think of Gob's Grief, plus links to write your own review.

Gob's Grief

by Chris Adrian

Gob's Grief by Chris Adrian X
Gob's Grief by Chris Adrian

Jan 2001, 384 pages
    Mar 2002, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for Gob's Grief

Karen Corcoran Dabkowski

One of my favorite books of all time. Chris Adrian uses nothing less than genius in making the characters of history 'breathe' in ways that make it hard to leave them at the end of this book.

His wonderful blending of history and the fantastical is done with such adeptness and sensitivity, I can't imagine an unbeliever in Gob's 'reanimator machine' by the time the last page is turned.

Enjoyable, thought-provoking and very, very human in the way it shows us how mortality alone is what connects us all in universal mourning, with more memorable quotes than any book in recent memory.

I give this book the highest recommendation possible.

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Light of Days
    The Light of Days
    by Judy Batalion
    Renia, Sarah, Zivia, Frumka, Hantze, Tosia, Vladka, Chajka, Gusta, Hela, Bela, Lonka, Tema, Chasia, ...
  • Book Jacket: Hummingbird Salamander
    Hummingbird Salamander
    by Jeff VanderMeer
    In Hummingbird Salamander, Jeff VanderMeer weaves cybersecurity, bioterrorism, wildlife trafficking ...
  • Book Jacket: The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    by Stephanie Dray
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette, Stephanie Dray's latest work of historical fiction, revolves around ...
  • Book Jacket: Windhall
    Windhall
    by Ava Barry
    Ava Barry's debut mystery novel Windhall is centered around the salacious murder of a starlet named ...

The Widow Queen
    by Elzbieta Cherezinska

The epic story of an 11th century Polish queen whose life and name were all but forgotten until now.

The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson

A charming, uplifting debut about a mother and her 12-year-old son, an aspiring comedian.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire