Reader reviews and comments on Gob's Grief, plus links to write your own review.

Gob's Grief

by Chris Adrian

Gob's Grief by Chris Adrian X
Gob's Grief by Chris Adrian

Jan 2001, 384 pages
    Mar 2002, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for Gob's Grief

Karen Corcoran Dabkowski

One of my favorite books of all time. Chris Adrian uses nothing less than genius in making the characters of history 'breathe' in ways that make it hard to leave them at the end of this book.

His wonderful blending of history and the fantastical is done with such adeptness and sensitivity, I can't imagine an unbeliever in Gob's 'reanimator machine' by the time the last page is turned.

Enjoyable, thought-provoking and very, very human in the way it shows us how mortality alone is what connects us all in universal mourning, with more memorable quotes than any book in recent memory.

I give this book the highest recommendation possible.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Cold Millions
    The Cold Millions
    by Jess Walter
    Jess Walter's The Cold Millions centers around 16-year-old Rye Dolan and his 23-year-old brother Gig...
    The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...
  • Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...

Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose & Fiona Davis (editors)

One City.
    One Movement.
    A World of Stories.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R