Reader reviews and comments on Martha Peake, plus links to write your own review.

Martha Peake

by Patrick McGrath

Martha Peake

Oct 2000, 400 pages
    May 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Martha Peake

Elizabeth (09/08/02)

This is a fantastic book which gripped me to the end!! McGrath is a fantastic author and I am looking forward to reading his next book.
Katherine (06/16/02)

I am an ardent reader and lover of historial, gothic novels but I was very disappointed in this book. I rarely read a novel that I don't finish, but this is an exception to that rule. I made it through chapter 20 and then shelved it. I think one of the problems with this story is the POV. The author tells us the story, but rarely does he show us the story. I would like to know more about Martha, but her character is shouded in a verbal diatribes from the main speaker, who the reader could really care less about. Also, the pacing is extemely tedious. Nothing happens until page 120 and this book is only 300 pages. My advice is read the first two pages in the bookstore because that is the style of the entire book. My advice is don't waste your money, because there are much better books in this genre.

The Marriage of Opposites
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Miss Jane
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson
  • Book Jacket: Dinner with Edward
    Dinner with Edward
    by Isabel Vincent
    In late 2009 Isabel Vincent and her family were still newcomers to New York City. She and her ...

Falling
    by Jane Green

The Secret Language of Stones
    by M. J. Rose

"A fantastic historical tale of war, love, loss and intrigue."
    – Melanie Benjamin

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All