What readers think of An Hour Before Daylight, plus links to write your own review.

An Hour Before Daylight

Oct 2001, 288 pages

There is 1 reader review for An Hour Before Daylight

Debbie Sturgeon

Delightful Read
An Hour Before Daylight is a delightful, heart-warming tale of life in rural America. I read this book after I completed John Grisham's 'A Painted House' and found that it told "the rest of the story." The books were very similar, however, Mr.Carter's book was nonfictional. It's a story that stimulates the imagination and one can get so involved in the hometown tale that you can envision the people and smell the food on the dinner table. I felt great pride in the nursing stories he told of his mother, being a nurse, myself. This book can only be remembered, to me, as inspiring and really demonstrates that hard work and determination can lead to greatness. I also found that Mr.Carter's insight to racial relationships was remarkable and I admire him for his attitude. 'An Hour Before Daylight' is truly a book worth anyone's time and I recommend it highly. Thank You!

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

• Book Jacket: The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    by Stephanie Dray
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette, Stephanie Dray's latest work of historical fiction, revolves around ...
  • Book Jacket: Windhall
    Windhall
    by Ava Barry
    Ava Barry's debut mystery novel Windhall is centered around the salacious murder of a starlet named ...
  • Book Jacket: Libertie
    Libertie
    by Kaitlyn Greenidge
    Kaitlyn Greenidge burst onto the literary scene in 2016 with her award-winning novel, We Love You, ...
    Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982
    by Cho Nam-joo, Jamie Chang
    'Kim Jiyoung is thirty-three years old, thirty-four Korean age. She got married three years ago and ...

The Widow Queen
    by Elzbieta Cherezinska

The epic story of an 11th century Polish queen whose life and name were all but forgotten until now.

Raft of Stars
    by Andrew J. Graff

A timeless story of loss, hope, and adventure set against the vividly rendered landscape of the Upper Midwest.

The Mountains Sing
by Nguyen Phan Que Mai
Winner of the 2020 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award: A multi-generational tale set in Viet Nam.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire