Reader reviews and comments on Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime, plus links to write your own review.

Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime

by John Dunning

Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime by John Dunning

Jan 2001, 480 pages
    Jan 2002, 480 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Two O'Clock, Eastern Wartime

Bill Muhr

I am an avid OTR fan and Dunning's knowledge of that medium is well evident in this book. His depth of knowledge shows in the depiction of the procedures necessary in putting together a radio program. I loved the book and REALLY hope for a sequel.
Alistair Laignel

A truly great piece of work.

Sequel?????
Frank Phillips

I thoroughly enjoyed Dunning's book on three fronts.
I am an avid fan of old time radio. I use Dunning's old time radio encyclopedia book regularly when I want to learn something about an OTR show or just browse it to pass the time.
As a writer/editor, I found his description of the creative process, as revelaed through his main character, Jack Dulaney, to be fascinating.
It's a good read.
On the critical side, I sometimes got lost in all the characters. I plan to read the book again and again to thoroughly absorb the nuances. In fact, I passed up buying the hardback version for the paperback - in case it stunk. I will buy the hardback when I get a chance.
I'm afraid the ending is weak. On the other hand, the characters are interesting and real and a sequel would be welcomed.

Smoke
    by Dan Vyleta
  • Book Jacket: Golden Hill
    Golden Hill
    by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow

The Library of Light and Shadow by M.J. Rose

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O