Reader reviews and comments on A Darkness More Than Night, plus links to write your own review.

A Darkness More Than Night

by Michael Connelly

A Darkness More Than Night by Michael Connelly X
A Darkness More Than Night by Michael Connelly

Jan 2001, 432 pages
    Mar 2001, 432 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for A Darkness More Than Night

On the edge of my seat reading this. I don't normally read unless I have to, but this book caught my attention & just kept it, I couldn't put it down. I was reading non-stop for 2 days!
Mister T

I enjoyed THE POET much more.
THE NARROWS is a little forced for my liking and LOST LIGHT is at the bottom of an excellent pile.
Luckily I have got to read BLACK ICE, LAST COYOTE and VOID MOON
on my vacation in 2 weeks time.
The chronology doesn't concern me as each book needs to stand in its own right to be considered genre classic.

P. Clark
A powerful trip into the mind and soul, of the most intense kind. Connelly joins James Lee Burke and Dennis Lehane, to become a "literary" mystery/crime/thriller writer. The book simply grabs you in the first two chapters and never lets you go. When I finished the book (in one sitting, couldn't put it down), I was tempted to start the read all over again. The extra added lesson on the painter Bosch, was an added plus.

Join BookBrowse

The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...
  • Book Jacket: Dark, Salt, Clear
    Dark, Salt, Clear
    by Lamorna Ash
    Named after Lamorna Cove in her mother's rural home county of Cornwall (located in southwestern ...

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict

The real-life disappearance of Agatha Christie is perhaps her greatest mystery of all.

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F