What readers think of The Sterkarm Handshake, plus links to write your own review.

The Sterkarm Handshake

by Susan Price

The Sterkarm Handshake by Susan Price X
The Sterkarm Handshake by Susan Price

Sep 2000, 320 pages
    Jan 2003, 576 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Sterkarm Handshake

Cherie Cabrera

This book was a realistic and stirring tale that seemed to realistic. I found myself wrapped in the book for two whole days. I was staggered by the ending and foound that I weeped when the last words were read. I have read many books before but never have I read a book that hurt my soul quite so much. All I can say is Romeo and Juliet never knew how lucky they truely are. For those who liked this book I sugest the following authors:
JV Jones
Elezabeth Haden
and I'll through in Anne Rice because she is my idol
Sarah F

This is a vibrant book filed with intense characters and plot. Price's descriptive passages and unique interpretations guide the reader smoothly through the narrative which avoids at all times the feeling of disbeleif which can so eaily be associated with books of this genre. It is a book which will inevitably return to the reader: I know that I dug mine out of the basement store boxes years after I had read it, due to a niggling urge that I could not ignore. This book should not be missed, and is easy to recognise as a great read from all aspects!
Sally Lisle

This is the Best book I have ever read, EVER!!!
Kelli

Wow. This book has taken me quite a while to read. Some of the words and language in there caused me to reread certain passages. I think that this book is probably one of the hardest ones that I've ever read in my life, being only 15 years of age. I'd recommend this book to readers who are passionate about reading, and who can sit down for a long time to read this book. It's a really exciting book...I'm sure all you out there will enjoy it! ^_~
jamie Lamew

this was a great book
Me

Rubbish
I don't think this book was very good because it goes on and on about the cliffs and how stunning they are compared to the 21st side, but I know, I am a student reading this book and I would say it's ok, but don't make children read it please :(

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: My Monticello
    My Monticello
    by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson
    In the incendiary opening story of My Monticello, Jocelyn Nicole Johnson's debut collection, a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wrong End of the Telescope
    The Wrong End of the Telescope
    by Rabih Alameddine
    Rabih Alameddine's The Wrong End of the Telescope follows Mina, a Lebanese American doctor who ...
  • Book Jacket: Lightning Strike
    Lightning Strike
    by William Kent Krueger
    It is the summer of 1963 in Tamarack County, Minnesota. Just outside the small town of Aurora, ...
  • Book Jacket: Skinship
    Skinship
    by Yoon Choi
    The fine thing about short stories in general is their way of following characters through ...

Morningside Heights
by Joshua Henkin
A tender and big-hearted novel about love in the face of loss, from the award-winning author of The World Without You.

Flesh & Blood
    by N. West Moss

This beautifully written memoir offers insight, understanding, and joy.

Win This Book!
Win Sisters of the Great War

Sisters of the Great War by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

Y A B Up T W T