MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Sterkarm Handshake, plus links to write your own review.

The Sterkarm Handshake

by Susan Price

The Sterkarm Handshake by Susan Price X
The Sterkarm Handshake by Susan Price

Sep 2000, 320 pages
    Jan 2003, 576 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Sterkarm Handshake

Cherie Cabrera

This book was a realistic and stirring tale that seemed to realistic. I found myself wrapped in the book for two whole days. I was staggered by the ending and foound that I weeped when the last words were read. I have read many books before but never have I read a book that hurt my soul quite so much. All I can say is Romeo and Juliet never knew how lucky they truely are. For those who liked this book I sugest the following authors:
JV Jones
Elezabeth Haden
and I'll through in Anne Rice because she is my idol
Sarah F

This is a vibrant book filed with intense characters and plot. Price's descriptive passages and unique interpretations guide the reader smoothly through the narrative which avoids at all times the feeling of disbeleif which can so eaily be associated with books of this genre. It is a book which will inevitably return to the reader: I know that I dug mine out of the basement store boxes years after I had read it, due to a niggling urge that I could not ignore. This book should not be missed, and is easy to recognise as a great read from all aspects!
Sally Lisle

This is the Best book I have ever read, EVER!!!
Kelli

Wow. This book has taken me quite a while to read. Some of the words and language in there caused me to reread certain passages. I think that this book is probably one of the hardest ones that I've ever read in my life, being only 15 years of age. I'd recommend this book to readers who are passionate about reading, and who can sit down for a long time to read this book. It's a really exciting book...I'm sure all you out there will enjoy it! ^_~
jamie Lamew

this was a great book
Me

Rubbish
I don't think this book was very good because it goes on and on about the cliffs and how stunning they are compared to the 21st side, but I know, I am a student reading this book and I would say it's ok, but don't make children read it please :(

• Book Jacket: A Dredging in Swann
    A Dredging in Swann
    by Tim Garvin
    A Dredging in Swann, set in fictional Swann County, North Carolina, centers around fresh-out-of-the-...
  • Book Jacket: The Black Cathedral
    The Black Cathedral
    by Marcial Gala
    Marcial Gala's The Black Cathedral, translated from the Spanish by Anna Kushner, is narrated through...
  • Book Jacket: When We Were Vikings
    When We Were Vikings
    by Andrew David MacDonald
    In When We Were Vikings by Andrew David MacDonald, readers are first introduced to Zelda on her ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Build a Heart
    How to Build a Heart
    by Maria Padian
    Maria Padian is well-known for her motif of exploring teen reactions to social issues. Her novel ...

The Sun Down Motel
    by Simone St. James

The chilling new novel from the national bestselling and award-winning author of The Broken Girls.

The Girl in White Gloves
    by Kerri Maher

A fascinating and deeply researched novel of the extraordinary Grace Kelly.

American Dirt
by Jeanine Cummins

"American Dirt is a Grapes of Wrath for our times."
—Don Winslow

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I