What readers think of Stowaway, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Jun 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 51 reader reviews for Stowaway

ME

AMAZING
I love this book so so so so much! i used it for my 8th grade book project and i aced it. The fact that most of this actually happened makes it even more fun to read!
Caylin Johnson

This book is AWESOME!!
Hi!! I'm Caylin (aka KK:D) and I read the book Stowaway very lately actually. I am 11 years old and I just LOVED this book. I don't really want to write about the ending or whatever because you don't want to spoil a good ending!! So, if you want to know more about this book, go to google and type in Karen Hesse and search Stowaway! Thanks, KK:D
Amiri

Great Book
This is a great book that many young adults can relate. There are times when Nicholas is feeling down, happy, in pain, and more. Kids nowadays look for something that things have in common. This will let people know that they aren't alone out there in the world. It also gives you a terrific abundance of facts. It may not occur to the reader, but if they are interested in where they are in the book they will want to know what it looks life in real life. So that's all I can say for now. READ the book.
Gabe Kittle

Stowaway book review
This book is amazing and inspirational. I hate reading but I read this book in three days and Karen Hesse is an inspirational writer and I highly recomend this book to any one who likes adventure.
Gabrielle

OMG!!!!!
OMG! this was seriously THE best book I have ever read in my LIFE ! I loved it soooo much! Read this book today!
sarah smiles

good book
omg it was so good one of the best books I've ever read ! Read this book! Seriously it's really good!
Rachel Moore

Great!!
It was a very good book! It was very descriptive on all the historical events. I don't understand how people can fall asleep when reading it!! :)
edd

This book was great because of all the intereting details it gives of naval life in the 1800's and i think that people who r sayin its boring cant sit down for two seconds to read a book!!!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Real Americans
    Real Americans
    by Rachel Khong
    Rachel Khong's sophomore novel Real Americans is an intergenerational saga that questions racial and...
  • Book Jacket: A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    by Douglas Westerbeke
    From the very first page of A Short Walk Through a Wide World, debut novelist (and librarian!) ...
  • Book Jacket: The Swans of Harlem
    The Swans of Harlem
    by Karen Valby
    Journalist Karen Valby's first book, The Swans of Harlem, introduces readers to the little-known ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Romantic Comedy
by Curtis Sittenfeld
A comedy writer's stance on love shifts when a pop star challenges her assumptions in this witty and touching novel.

Members Recommend

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

At times, our own light goes out, and is rekindled by a spark from another person.

R is a D B S C