We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of Roses Are Red, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Nov 2000, 400 pages

Oct 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for Roses Are Red

bob james

Its the best book I have ever read.
sam harris

what a great book james wrote. i stayed all night to finish the book. I hope James can write more book with Alex cross as the main man.
zmaag

Patterson knows how to create suspense, lots of character depth, and has that magical touch that makes us empathize with the hero's pains and misery. Too bad he's letting himself become so locked into his own successful formula that he can't break out of it (or does he); create a terrible villain, create a beautiful helper for Alex, kill the pretty helper, and let the villain go free. Then find another pretty helper and start the whole process over again. Does he break out of his mold in Roses are Red? You'll have to read it to find out. And when you've finished the story you'll agree Patterson has turned out another great yarn.
Kristina Perez

Roses are read is the one of the best work by Patterson!!! It'll definately keep you watching your back!!! I recomend this book to everyone and anyone (13 and up!), though you should really read Along Came A Spider, Kiss The Girls, Jack & Jill, Cat & Mouse, and Pop Goes The Weasle, first!!! Reading all those makes the story so much more easy to understand!!! I also recomend 1st to Die, which is part of the "Woman's Murder Club" series (not the Alex Cross series)!!!!
Me

Awsome book!!! Full of suspence and suprises with a tomantic side to it. Loved it and i recommend it to anyone!!!

It was an excellent book with a surprise ending
Timmy O

I think I'm giving up on Patterson after this book. The only thing I tend to like about his books are the endings (usually some surprise twist)...but it takes too long to get there.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: One Hour of Fervor
    One Hour of Fervor
    by Muriel Barbery
    Set during multiple decades across the turn of the 21st century, One Hour of Fervor follows Haru, a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Ascent
    The Ascent
    by Adam Plantinga
    Adam Plantinga's brilliant debut novel, The Ascent, introduces readers to former Detroit police ...
  • Book Jacket: The Curse of Pietro Houdini
    The Curse of Pietro Houdini
    by Derek B. Miller
    Derek B. Miller's sixth novel, The Curse of Pietro Houdini, opens in the town of Cassino, Italy, in ...
  • Book Jacket: Our Moon
    Our Moon
    by Rebecca Boyle
    In Our Moon: How Earth's Celestial Companion Transformed the Planet, Guided Evolution, and Made Us ...

BookBrowse Book Club

We Must Not Think of Ourselves
by Lauren Grodstein
A story of love and defiance set in the 1940s Warsaw Ghetto, based on the archives of those determined to have their stories survive.

Members Recommend

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Leaving
    by Roxana Robinson

An engrossing exploration of the vows we make to one another and what we owe to others and ourselves.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)