Reader reviews and comments on Disobedience, plus links to write your own review.

Disobedience

by Jane Hamilton

Disobedience by Jane Hamilton X
Disobedience by Jane Hamilton

Oct 2000, 304 pages
    Jul 2001, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Disobedience

Linda

This was a riviting read - I could relate to it completely - I could not put it down. When, like I have, moved around alot, email is my touchstone to the rest of the world: my friends. I would rather my car break down or my phone go off-line than loose my email - i could not function or breathe without it. So, I could transport myself to the story and into the character, Beth, with regards to her age, her life with 2 kids, and moving to an area different and new to her, as well as reaching out through her email to her new 'friend'. It was huantingly similar to my thoughts and feelings that I also struggle with. WOW!
Lacey, Librarian

This book is awful!
I chose this for a bookclub read and was very disappointed. I had to force myself to finish it. The author, a woman, does a poor job of writing from a 17 year old boy's perspective. The writing is slow paced and disjointed. We spent the entire discussion talking about how BAD the book was. Not recommended.

Join BookBrowse

The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...
  • Book Jacket: Dark, Salt, Clear
    Dark, Salt, Clear
    by Lamorna Ash
    Named after Lamorna Cove in her mother's rural home county of Cornwall (located in southwestern ...

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F