MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Disobedience, plus links to write your own review.

Disobedience

by Jane Hamilton

Disobedience

Oct 2000, 304 pages
    Jul 2001, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Disobedience

Lacey, Librarian (08/19/10)

This book is awful!
I chose this for a bookclub read and was very disappointed. I had to force myself to finish it. The author, a woman, does a poor job of writing from a 17 year old boy's perspective. The writing is slow paced and disjointed. We spent the entire discussion talking about how BAD the book was. Not recommended.
Linda (10/06/03)

This was a riviting read - I could relate to it completely - I could not put it down. When, like I have, moved around alot, email is my touchstone to the rest of the world: my friends. I would rather my car break down or my phone go off-line than loose my email - i could not function or breathe without it. So, I could transport myself to the story and into the character, Beth, with regards to her age, her life with 2 kids, and moving to an area different and new to her, as well as reaching out through her email to her new 'friend'. It was huantingly similar to my thoughts and feelings that I also struggle with. WOW!

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk

by Robert Harris
  • Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...

H W S W T Devil S H A L S