Reader reviews and comments on A Storm of Swords, plus links to write your own review.

A Storm of Swords

Oct 2000, 800 pages
    May 2002, 992 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for A Storm of Swords

preethi

it is the best book i have ever read. Many books are called page turners but this is the best example. It pus out its claws and captures u in its magic.
Barristan

Don't read any of this series if you ever want to find anything else in the sci-fantasy isle even slightly worth reading. It's like living on the planet of Rosie O'Donnell and being abducted by an alien that looked like Rebecca Romijn-Stamos for a week to have sexual tests performed on you then being sent back to your "Rosie" planet. ......... Just shoot me now........ thanks George........... , really thanks a lot.
Jessica

SOOO good... simply an amazing series. Its so cruel that the rest arent out yet. I dont know what to do with myself till then. He has wonderful character development, and throws all these different and unexpected turns at you, you never know what is going to happen. This book had some amazing chapters and i cant wait for the next one. However... it did seem like there was A LOT of killing in it... almost too much, tho it did make for an interesting plot. so yeah, the over emphisis on the death rates was sort of a downer since it seemed like you lost a character in just about every chapter. other than that this book was as incredible as the other too and i could hardly put it down. I do hope he finishes this series soon! i cant wait to read the rest of this adventure!!! And yet i have a horrible feeling its going to take quite some time, what with all that he has happening... there is no way this story is going to wrap up anytime soon.... AHHH!!!

Dear Jameses,
This book kicks so much ass!!! It keeps you gyessing the entire way and ends totally unexpectedley! Take it from one of those freaks that reads all the time , this is one of the best buys you could possibly make!So buy it now..... like ciao,
Jo
Teresa

The only thing holding this book back from being among the best I have ever read is the increasingly foul language. I don't believe it is necessary for such graphic descriptions of the sex acts in the book. Each book has had more and more of this until the third one, which has so much it threatens to overrun the storyline. Other than that I love it.
David Polk

Can somebody introduce Mr Martin to an editor?
Colin Doty

After reading to page 300 I have given up on this series as a meandering waste of time. This series started with characters of depth and fell into predictable characters. The "evil" guys got worse and the "good" guys started dropping like flies . Poorly developed characters replaced well written ones in a stream of deaths that led nowhere. Martin's Fevre Dream drew me in and I read through looking forward to what was happening. I couldn't care one bit about what happens in this story. This is proof The Internet Top 100 SF/Fantasy List is flawed

• Book Jacket: With the Fire on High
    With the Fire on High
    by Elizabeth Acevedo
    From Like Water for Chocolate to Ratatouille, writers have recognized the power ...
  • Book Jacket: Lanny
    Lanny
    by Max Porter
    At once beautifully poignant and hauntingly grotesque, Max Porter's Lanny is like an unexpected ...
    Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
  • Book Jacket: The Last Collection
    The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin
    What it's about:
    The Last Collection by Jeanne Mackin follows the lives of two internationally ...

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly