What readers think of Wish You Well, plus links to write your own review.

Wish You Well

Sep 2001, 484 pages

There are currently 27 reader reviews for Wish You Well

Jo Beth Lackey

The Best
David Baldacci writes so smooth that any book he writes is easy to read, but Wish You Well was also very touching. Several times tears came to my eyes while reading and that never happens with other books.
Robert B

The Bad Guy
Unless I sneezed and missed it.....there was no mention whatsoever if anything happened to George Davis after the Trial. It was painfully obvious that HE had to have been the one who set fire to Louisa's barn -- thus he was partially responsible for the woman's stroke that led to her death! And, he also had a direct hand in the illegal drilling in that mine that led to "Diamond's" death. Plus, he was a vicious sociopath who neglected, abused, and terrorized his own family. I would have thought that, in the "Today" section at the very end of the book, there would have been mention of the fate of that truly evil man. Who besides me was hoping to read that he...(a) fell into a threshing machine....(b) was mauled to death by those same wild dogs that chased Lou and Oz....(c) was killed by his son Billy, who was defending himself and/or members of his family..... (d) was tarred & feathered by the people of the community and then run out of town on a rail....(d) was found mysteriously strung up...and the Judge tells the Sheriff to not do any investigating! Who doesn’t want to see a bad end to a nasty, evil character in a book? A truly wonderful book-- if only David had saved some more to write other novels about Lou & Oz as they entered adulthood. Thumbs wayyyy up!
Killer37

wish you well
This book was awesome. I loved it, especially when they moved in with their grandmother, and the character Oz almost made me cry. Overall this book is amazing!
broom

Diamond
I enjoyed the book
Jennifer

Awesome book!
I loved it one. Of the best books I have ever read in my life!
ERNEST VLEAL

THE CHARACTERS WILL STAY WITH YOU
With most of the novels I read, (I tend to focus on particular authors) I may come away satisfied that the book was "a good read" - interesting story, suspense in the plot and hard to figure "who done it" - but, after a while the characters fade. Previously the most notable exception was Connie Willis' "Doomsday Book" - those caracters stayed with me for a long time - even after a second reading they are still with me. Well, now I can add David Baldacci's "Wish You Well" to that rarefied category. Baldacci is a gifted story teller - in other that his "political/action" genre.
RAY

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Return of Faraz Ali
    The Return of Faraz Ali
    by Aamina Ahmad
    In Aamina Ahmad's debut, The Return of Faraz Ali, the eponymous character is a police inspector in ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wonders
    The Wonders
    by Elena Medel
    Spanish poet Elena Medel's debut novel The Wonders (translated by Lizzie Davis and Thomas Bunstead) ...
  • Book Jacket: Four Treasures of the Sky
    Four Treasures of the Sky
    by Jenny Tinghui Zhang
    '…when our Chinese customers come asking for millet and green onions, buying licorice and ...
  • Book Jacket: Hotel Magnifique
    Hotel Magnifique
    by Emily J. Taylor
    A golden ticket or a gilded cage? Seventeen-year-old Jani and her younger sister Zosa are not sure ...

Shadows of Berlin
by David R. Gillham
A captivating novel of a Berlin girl on the run from the guilt of her past and the boy from Brooklyn who loves her.

The Immortal King Rao
    by Vauhini Vara

A resonant debut novel obliterating the boundaries between literary and speculative fiction, the historic and the dystopian.

Fly Girl
    by Ann Hood

"Sheer pleasure. A hilarious and often moving look back at...a young woman's coming of age."
    —Dennis Lehane

Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.

I A J's W D, It's W D W