What readers think of Wish You Well, plus links to write your own review.

Wish You Well

Sep 2001, 484 pages

There are currently 27 reader reviews for Wish You Well

Jo Beth Lackey

The Best
David Baldacci writes so smooth that any book he writes is easy to read, but Wish You Well was also very touching. Several times tears came to my eyes while reading and that never happens with other books.
Robert B

The Bad Guy
Unless I sneezed and missed it.....there was no mention whatsoever if anything happened to George Davis after the Trial. It was painfully obvious that HE had to have been the one who set fire to Louisa's barn -- thus he was partially responsible for the woman's stroke that led to her death! And, he also had a direct hand in the illegal drilling in that mine that led to "Diamond's" death. Plus, he was a vicious sociopath who neglected, abused, and terrorized his own family. I would have thought that, in the "Today" section at the very end of the book, there would have been mention of the fate of that truly evil man. Who besides me was hoping to read that he...(a) fell into a threshing machine....(b) was mauled to death by those same wild dogs that chased Lou and Oz....(c) was killed by his son Billy, who was defending himself and/or members of his family..... (d) was tarred & feathered by the people of the community and then run out of town on a rail....(d) was found mysteriously strung up...and the Judge tells the Sheriff to not do any investigating! Who doesn’t want to see a bad end to a nasty, evil character in a book? A truly wonderful book-- if only David had saved some more to write other novels about Lou & Oz as they entered adulthood. Thumbs wayyyy up!
Killer37

wish you well
This book was awesome. I loved it, especially when they moved in with their grandmother, and the character Oz almost made me cry. Overall this book is amazing!
broom

Diamond
I enjoyed the book
Jennifer

Awesome book!
I loved it one. Of the best books I have ever read in my life!
ERNEST VLEAL

THE CHARACTERS WILL STAY WITH YOU
With most of the novels I read, (I tend to focus on particular authors) I may come away satisfied that the book was "a good read" - interesting story, suspense in the plot and hard to figure "who done it" - but, after a while the characters fade. Previously the most notable exception was Connie Willis' "Doomsday Book" - those caracters stayed with me for a long time - even after a second reading they are still with me. Well, now I can add David Baldacci's "Wish You Well" to that rarefied category. Baldacci is a gifted story teller - in other that his "political/action" genre.
RAY

IT IS THE BEST BOOK I READ I MY ENTIRELY LIFE
Ilona

love it!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

Cecilia
    by K-Ming Chang
    In the first few pages of K-Ming Chang's bizarre yet engrossing novella Cecilia, Seven, the ...
  • Book Jacket: Women and Children First
    Women and Children First
    by Alina Grabowski
    After Lucy Anderson falls to her death at a high school party, no one in Nashquitten, her gloomy, ...
  • Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Win This Book
Win The Bluestockings

The Bluestockings by Susannah Gibson

An illuminating group portrait of the eighteenth-century women who dared to imagine an active life for themselves in both mind and spirit.

A W in S C