MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Austere Academy, plus links to write your own review.

The Austere Academy

Apr 2008, 240 pages

There are currently 61 reader reviews for The Austere Academy

readerr:')

greaaat!:D
I really enjoyed this book and I am doing a project on it too! The chapters have all got a good atmosphere.
beatrice (the one with the sugar bowl)

I read these books 3-4 years ago and having read them recently i think that the book, to a younger reader seems serious, the only way i can think to describe them now is very funny. saying this they are good but...
count Olaf is hilarious and the lengths that he goes to to get money are ludicrous. he calls the children idiotic nicknames eg. dentist's nightmare. the way older characters keep returning eg. Bruce, is also annoying.
Lisa

Lisa's Review
Lemony Snicket has written yet another fun and adventurous book about the Baudelaires…can’t wait for the next adventure!
I love series of unfortunate events book

It is a great book
This is an awesome book. Wait till you read about Count Olaf's newest technique to steal the Baudelaire fortune. They also meet some new friends and pretty soon, they will discover a mystery that is going to have them thinking for hours.
Violet

A wounderful Book.
I liked this book because it gave me something to do with my time. It may hurt the heart but is very good to a hardy, who may need to become a softy. I highly recommend this book to everyone with the time to simply sit down. If you are not a good reader, and therefore think you cannot read it, get the book-on-tape.
Cherry cassidy

Marvellous!!!!!!
The book was really great!!!!! I can't stop myself reading it!!! It was Aweome but I'm not contented about it,I want more!!!!! Thanks for writing this book!!!!

I REALLY LOVE IT!!!
Justin Schreck

Good books to read are the Lemony Snicket
The lemony snicket books are so good that i all most buy all of the books that he had out for sell because thaey are that good and my mom thinks that they are good books to and my mom said that so thinks that it is like Harry Potter but then she read one and said that she will let me get his books and i seen the move to and i was good to so i think that you need to a one of there books and read it becaus it is so good .
YOUR MOMMA!! HAHA

GREAT BOOK
this book was just kind of a filler though i don't enjoy it as much asi enjoyed #6

• Book Jacket: The Revisioners
    The Revisioners
    by Margaret Wilkerson Sexton
    The chapters of Margaret Wilkerson Sexton's second novel, The Revisioners, alternate between three ...
  • Book Jacket: Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    by Dexter Palmer
    The year is 1726 and the sleepy town of Godalming has been rocked by scandal. Called to the bedside ...
  • Book Jacket: Life Undercover
    Life Undercover
    by Amaryllis Fox
    Life Undercover, a riveting true-adventure memoir, reveals how and why a young woman decides to work...
  • Book Jacket: Celestial Bodies
    Celestial Bodies
    by Jokha Alharthi
    One typically expects to find a detailed family tree adorning the opening pages of, say, an epic ...

The Lost Man
by Jane Harper

"Strong characters, riveting plot and an honest look at life in the Australian outback make it easy to give this 5-stars!"
—BookBrowse

Creatures
    by Crissy Van Meter

Set on the eve of an island wedding, this provocative debut novel exerts a pull as strong as the tides.

You Were There Too
    by Colleen Oakley

Acclaimed author Colleen Oakley delivers a heart-wrenching and unforgettable love story.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win American Dirt

"A Grapes of Wrath for our times." - Don Winslow

This debut is already being hailed as a new American classic, and is the first book to receive a perfect 5-stars from BookBrowse reviewers!

I I A Broke, D F I