What readers think of Drowning Ruth, plus links to write your own review.

Drowning Ruth

by Christina Schwarz

Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz X
Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz

Aug 2000, 400 pages

Jul 2001, 368 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Drowning Ruth

Steph

Love it. It was interesting the way it jumped back and forth in time. This made this book intreguing. I read it for my ninth grade engligh Indepentand Study Project. The characters were done perfectly. Excellent.
Melissa Brady

Great read!!! I liked how the story moved between past and present. It really kept its mystery until the very end. I was a little disapointed at Amanda's "mental illness" at the end, and what about her ex-lover who drowned??? Nobody in the story really seemed to care or do anything about the drowning. When is Christina Schwarta's next novel being released????
S.L.B.

I had just finished reading this book last night and I agree that its should have been written better,it confused me some the way it kept going to recent past,the far past when Mathilda and Amamnda was young,to the present,the past again and so forth but I have to admit I couldn't put it down until I finished! This a good first book for Mrs. Shawarz and I only wish her the best.

Though I read this book some months ago, and have lost some of the details in my memory banks (middle age brings deficits in the bank!), I can attest to the fact that this one is a must read. There are secrets here, and beneath the layers of years lie the truth. Why did Ruth's young mother drown in the icy lake? Why does Ruth insist that she drowned too? It held me fast until the very last page. A rewarding read.
C.Webb

I thought this book was very well written. The story was easy to follow and I like the authors style of writting. The 'flash backs' were exceptional. I was a little disappointed in the end. I wish their would have been a better clousure for all the characters. Carl was practicley abandoned, Ruth and Amanda were still in the same relationship. Amanda never 'faced the consciences' . Ruth never 'surfaced.
Kate

I thought that Drowning Ruth was a well told story, but the book never really captured my attention. I thought the book was very predictable, and rather plethoric in places. All in all, a mediocre book at best!
pawel

The book was ok. but the beginning is very boring.
addie

I loved the book but I didn't enjoy the ending. I think that it ended to quickly and information was not given.

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    by Franny Choi
    Calamity can cohabit with joy, and you and I have, on some plane, accepted that absurd reality. We ...
  • Book Jacket: Bloodbath Nation
    Bloodbath Nation
    by Paul Auster
    In recent years, Booker Prize­–nominated novelist Paul Auster has increasingly turned to ...
  • Book Jacket: The Nazi Conspiracy
    The Nazi Conspiracy
    by Brad Meltzer, Josh Mensch
    The Nazi Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch was a big hit with our First Impressions readers...
    Yonder
    by Jabari Asim
    The captivating historical novel Yonder turns an intimate lens towards the tragedy and survivorship ...

The Love of My Life
by Rosie Walsh
An up-all-night love story wrapped in a mystery from the New York Times bestselling author of Ghosted.

Members Recommend

Exiles
    by Jane Harper

A captivating new mystery from New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Jane Harper.

Margot
    by Wendell Steavenson

A young woman struggles to break free of her upper-class upbringing amid the whirlwind years of the sexual revolution.

Moonrise Over New Jessup
    by Jamila Minnicks

"Jamila Minnicks pulled me into pages of history I'd never turned before."—Barbara Kingsolver

It's A G T Me

If every country had to write a book about elephants...