Reader reviews and comments on Shadow of The Hegemon, plus links to write your own review.

Shadow of The Hegemon

by Orson Scott Card

Shadow of The Hegemon by Orson Scott Card

Jan 2001, 384 pages
    Dec 2001, 384 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Shadow of The Hegemon

Z age 12

i luved dis book. it rocks. i don read books 2 much but this 1 wuz grate. it rules.
anonymous

This book was superb. It was full of action, drama, tragedy, and there was a little love. (If you read on to Shadow Puppets, the sequel, then you will see what Petra really feels about Bean!) I loved this book and read it 3 times in a row! It was wonderful! If you have read any of Card's books or if you love a book full of the things that I mentioned earlier, then I assure you that you will just simply love this book! I loved it, Ender's Game, and Ender's Shadow soooooooooo much, that I went on to read about 8 more of Card's books! THIS IS A GOOOOOOD BOOK!
Very intersting and well written

Intersting but could have been better. Didn't catch my interest soon enough though.
mcdede

Ender's Game is one of my favorite books and I really enjoyed Ender's Shadow so it was dissapointing that I disliked this book so much. I thought the characters were very flat. I found their bickering and little arguments really annoying. I started reading just to finish it and find out what happened and not through any enjoyment of the material. There seems to be excessive preaching of lessons that I didn't find very sophisticated and a bit patronizing.

Some ridiculous discoveries including Ender's parents were just playing stupid.

The author makes doubtful statements. Stalin was overreaching? Im no fan of Stalin, but he did pretty well. Clauswitz made stupid generalizations? There are some goofy comparisons to WWII.

Perhaps I was not in the proper mood, but I found the afterword one of the most arrogant things I have ever read. The author also states some more debatable points such as the U.S. is in decline or criticizes of the bombing of Afghanistan which was written pre 9/11.

I guess I didnt like the book very much, but I am 40 years old and have a couple of degrees in political science.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed