Summer Sale! Save 20% today and get access to all our member benefits.

What readers think of Shadow of The Hegemon, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Jan 2001, 384 pages

Dec 2001, 384 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Shadow of The Hegemon

Z age 12

i luved dis book. it rocks. i don read books 2 much but this 1 wuz grate. it rules.
anonymous

This book was superb. It was full of action, drama, tragedy, and there was a little love. (If you read on to Shadow Puppets, the sequel, then you will see what Petra really feels about Bean!) I loved this book and read it 3 times in a row! It was wonderful! If you have read any of Card's books or if you love a book full of the things that I mentioned earlier, then I assure you that you will just simply love this book! I loved it, Ender's Game, and Ender's Shadow soooooooooo much, that I went on to read about 8 more of Card's books! THIS IS A GOOOOOOD BOOK!
Very intersting and well written

Intersting but could have been better. Didn't catch my interest soon enough though.
mcdede

Ender's Game is one of my favorite books and I really enjoyed Ender's Shadow so it was dissapointing that I disliked this book so much. I thought the characters were very flat. I found their bickering and little arguments really annoying. I started reading just to finish it and find out what happened and not through any enjoyment of the material. There seems to be excessive preaching of lessons that I didn't find very sophisticated and a bit patronizing.

Some ridiculous discoveries including Ender's parents were just playing stupid.

The author makes doubtful statements. Stalin was overreaching? Im no fan of Stalin, but he did pretty well. Clauswitz made stupid generalizations? There are some goofy comparisons to WWII.

Perhaps I was not in the proper mood, but I found the afterword one of the most arrogant things I have ever read. The author also states some more debatable points such as the U.S. is in decline or criticizes of the bombing of Afghanistan which was written pre 9/11.

I guess I didnt like the book very much, but I am 40 years old and have a couple of degrees in political science.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Mood Swings
    Mood Swings
    by Frankie Barnet
    This book begins with a bombastic premise. Seemingly fed up with the heating planet, the world's ...
  • Book Jacket: The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    by Briony Cameron
    Our titular heroine's story begins in Yáquimo, Santo Domingo. Jacquotte Delahaye is a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Another Word for Love
    Another Word for Love
    by Carvell Wallace
    "I write about beautiful things because I live in a country that has tried to kill me and every...
    The Flower Sisters
    by Michelle Collins Anderson
    Michelle Collins Anderson's novel The Flower Sisters, based in part on a real tragedy that occurred ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The 1619 Project
by Nikole Hannah-Jones
An impactful expansion of groundbreaking journalism, The 1619 Project offers a revealing vision of America's past and present.
Win This Book
Win The Bluestockings

The Bluestockings by Susannah Gibson

An illuminating group portrait of the eighteenth-century women who dared to imagine an active life for themselves in both mind and spirit.

A W in S C