Reader reviews and comments on Joey Pigza Loses Control, plus links to write your own review.

Joey Pigza Loses Control

by Jack Gantos

Joey Pigza Loses Control

Sep 2000, 208 pages
    Mar 2002, 208 pages

There are currently 33 reader reviews for Joey Pigza Loses Control

Phillip (02/15/10)

Joey pigza book #3
This book was fantastic, it had a lot of emotion and it described all of Joey's feelings. Joey went from his old wired self to a normal boy. Joey's grandmother died at the end of the book and Joey did everything correctly. I totally understand the book "What did Joey Pigza do". I have a wired friend and my grandma also died. I would recommend this book to people who like funny books.
KIKI (12/02/09)

joey pigza loses control
This is really, really great!
Louis B (05/22/08)

Joey Pigza review
Uh I thought this book was great, it tied in well with the first Joey Pigza, I recommend this book for any one that has a "free book project" or if they want to relax, or just get some laughs. Its a great " pick up and go book"
Joe G. (06/29/07)

Confusing book
This book is probably the best I've ever read. It was quite confusing, but I enjoyed it!
Katlyn (04/24/05)

Joey pigza swallowed a key
I love this book. Usually, I can't find a book that is worthwhile, but it was great. If you like books that are funny then you should definatley read it!
Mandi (02/27/05)

This book was confusing and boring but I have to give the author his props for lettin out all the emotions and all that. But the truth is, I'm just not into those kinds of book. Maybe if the author put a different ending like Joey's father ges over his alcoholism and Joey gets a hold of his ADD. Since I have ADD, I know what its like to not have control over his body. I aslo think that the author Joey problem mixed-up. With all Joey's symptoms, it looks more like he has ADHD. I have ADD and that's not hyperactivity. The H in ADHD is hyperactivity. ADD is Attention Defisite Disorder. ADHD is Attention Defisite Hyperactivity Disorder. So you see, he must have gotten it mixed-up. But that's only my opinion since I do have ADD and my brother and mother has ADHD. I guess the ADHD passed me, so I only got ADD. Oh yeah, my dad has ADHD too
Justin (01/15/05)

Josh is wrong this book is excellent
Star (01/05/05)

This book was pretty good but confusing. It was really funny but I couldn't relate to any of the charactors, and I don't like books like that. This one was OK, but I wouldn't ant to read it again.

Do No Harm
    by Henry Marsh
    British neurosurgeon Henry Marsh might already be familiar as the subject of the Emmy-winning ...
  • Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q