Reader reviews and comments on Winter Solstice, plus links to write your own review.

Winter Solstice

May 2001, 500 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Winter Solstice

Julie Slaughter

Great Read!
I would recommend this book because it is simple, yet beautifully written. I would have loved for the book to continue!
bob

A good story and reminder of why I read
In 'Winter Solstice' five people are brought together in a small village in northern Scotland...Elfrida, Oscar, Carrie, Lucy, and Sam...and it was Christmastime. I give this book my highest recommendation: I have read and re-read it. The first time it had been a while since I had read a book that I thought was a good story. It reminds me of why I love books and reading. Sometimes after reading (or hopefully only beginning reading) a book that I feel has robbed me not only of money, but also time, I need that reminder.
Laurel

This book started out slowly, however I was soon engrossed in the engaging saga of the characters.
I find that Rosamunde Pilcher seems to get inside of her characters and brings them to life! I can see
everything that happens.

Wonderful book and a great read!

Katie

I have read The Shell Seekers and am now nearing the end of Winter Solstice. I love the way the characters come together and how Rosamunde Pilcher joins them. I will be sad to finish this story and will feel as though I have lost friends.
I have Scottish ancestry and have always loved reading about Scotland. This book has made me want to go and visit or be able to live in a village like Creagan!
Deborah Schuh

I greatly enjoyed reading this book and was sad to come to the end. The author was very discriptive and pulled the reader into the lives of the characters. I have briefly been to Scotland and, after reading this book, plan to revisit Scotland and try to become one of the characters.

• Book Jacket: A Death of No Importance
    A Death of No Importance
    by Mariah Fredericks
    Bringing the reader deep into the intrigue and privilege of the most elite boudoirs, A Death of No ...
  • Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Ruth Fitzmaurice

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes