MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Winter Solstice, plus links to write your own review.

Winter Solstice

May 2001, 500 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Winter Solstice

Julie Slaughter

Great Read!
I would recommend this book because it is simple, yet beautifully written. I would have loved for the book to continue!
bob

A good story and reminder of why I read
In 'Winter Solstice' five people are brought together in a small village in northern Scotland...Elfrida, Oscar, Carrie, Lucy, and Sam...and it was Christmastime. I give this book my highest recommendation: I have read and re-read it. The first time it had been a while since I had read a book that I thought was a good story. It reminds me of why I love books and reading. Sometimes after reading (or hopefully only beginning reading) a book that I feel has robbed me not only of money, but also time, I need that reminder.
Laurel

This book started out slowly, however I was soon engrossed in the engaging saga of the characters.
I find that Rosamunde Pilcher seems to get inside of her characters and brings them to life! I can see
everything that happens.

Wonderful book and a great read!

Katie

I have read The Shell Seekers and am now nearing the end of Winter Solstice. I love the way the characters come together and how Rosamunde Pilcher joins them. I will be sad to finish this story and will feel as though I have lost friends.
I have Scottish ancestry and have always loved reading about Scotland. This book has made me want to go and visit or be able to live in a village like Creagan!
Deborah Schuh

I greatly enjoyed reading this book and was sad to come to the end. The author was very discriptive and pulled the reader into the lives of the characters. I have briefly been to Scotland and, after reading this book, plan to revisit Scotland and try to become one of the characters.

• Book Jacket: Crossings
    Crossings
    by Alex Landragin
    Crossings is a beautiful, if slightly messy, time-bending debut. It reads like a vampire novel, sans...
  • Book Jacket: Pew
    Pew
    by Catherine Lacey
    A quote often attributed to Leo Tolstoy states that "All great literature is one of two stories; a ...
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for an Echo
    Waiting for an Echo
    by Christine Montross
    Dr. Christine Montross had been a practicing psychiatrist for nearly a decade when she decided to ...
    The Flight Portfolio
    by Julie Orringer
    At once a sweeping historical narrative, an insightful character study and a tender romance, Julie ...

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

Hieroglyphics
    by Jill McCorkle

A mesmerizing novel about piecing together the hieroglyphics of history and memory.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo
by Christy Lefteri

This moving, intimate, and beautifully written novel puts human faces on the Syrian war.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M