What readers think of Winter Solstice, plus links to write your own review.

Winter Solstice

May 2001, 500 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Winter Solstice

Julie Slaughter

Great Read!
I would recommend this book because it is simple, yet beautifully written. I would have loved for the book to continue!
bob

A good story and reminder of why I read
In 'Winter Solstice' five people are brought together in a small village in northern Scotland...Elfrida, Oscar, Carrie, Lucy, and Sam...and it was Christmastime. I give this book my highest recommendation: I have read and re-read it. The first time it had been a while since I had read a book that I thought was a good story. It reminds me of why I love books and reading. Sometimes after reading (or hopefully only beginning reading) a book that I feel has robbed me not only of money, but also time, I need that reminder.
Laurel

This book started out slowly, however I was soon engrossed in the engaging saga of the characters.
I find that Rosamunde Pilcher seems to get inside of her characters and brings them to life! I can see
everything that happens.

Wonderful book and a great read!

Katie

I have read The Shell Seekers and am now nearing the end of Winter Solstice. I love the way the characters come together and how Rosamunde Pilcher joins them. I will be sad to finish this story and will feel as though I have lost friends.
I have Scottish ancestry and have always loved reading about Scotland. This book has made me want to go and visit or be able to live in a village like Creagan!
Deborah Schuh

I greatly enjoyed reading this book and was sad to come to the end. The author was very discriptive and pulled the reader into the lives of the characters. I have briefly been to Scotland and, after reading this book, plan to revisit Scotland and try to become one of the characters.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Spymaster of Baghdad
    The Spymaster of Baghdad
    by Margaret Coker
    For the last 17 years, the country of Iraq has known almost constant violence and political upheaval...
  • Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...
  • Book Jacket: Dark Horses
    Dark Horses
    by Susan Mihalic
    Dark Horses is a shocking, heart-pounding debut; it's both a coming-of-age novel and an unflinching ...
  • Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...

The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner

A forgotten history. A secret network of women. A legacy of poison and revenge. Welcome to The Lost Apothecary.

Smalltime
    by Russell Shorto

Family secrets emerge as a best-selling author dives into the history of the mob in small-town America.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis