Summer Sale! Save 20% today and get access to all our member benefits.

What readers think of The Bear and The Dragon, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Aug 2000, 752 pages

Aug 2001, 752 pages

There are currently 49 reader reviews for The Bear and The Dragon

Indrajith

Breathtaking!!!!! Fans of Frederick Forsyth will have another author to hang around.
Ryan Clarke

Once again an excellent novel from Tom Clancy. Finally someone has the guts to show China as the enemy. The will certainly keep you sweating.
Mr. Z

Thought it was very thought-provoking.
Brandon Moore 13 yo, Cambridge On Canada

Great Work Tom. Keep em comin this way. Jus can`t put it down.
kyle

One of the best books
13yr old

I dont know what your guy's probs are but this book kicks ars, Rainbow Six is much better book though.
wig

i thought that this book was very worth while and enjoyable. it was a very good follow up to the extraordinary executive orders. the length was long but that was due to the detail. this was a very good book.
Byteskat

Good Read
An exciting, intricate, detailed (hence the 1000 pages) story. I give it a four only due to some sloppy editing.

A number of reviewers have criticized the "conservative propaganda" of this book, esp. the anti-abortion theme. Other than a brief and unsuprising mention of President Ryan's stand on the issue (as a political figure he IS allowed one), the main focus is China's mandatory abortions. Hardly "pro-choice" there.

As for the description of the novel as sinophobic, I feel that is an exaggeration. The anti-Chinese sentiment is directed at either the Politburo, or the PRA (by the US / Russian military forces). Both are realistic and have a basis in real-world perception, if not in reality. I noted that there is, however, no slurs directed to the Taiwanese - who are just as Chinese as their PRC bretheren.

Other than the editing (for repetitiveness), a good read for all but thin skinned liberals.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Mood Swings
    Mood Swings
    by Frankie Barnet
    This book begins with a bombastic premise. Seemingly fed up with the heating planet, the world's ...
  • Book Jacket: The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    by Briony Cameron
    Our titular heroine's story begins in Yáquimo, Santo Domingo. Jacquotte Delahaye is a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Another Word for Love
    Another Word for Love
    by Carvell Wallace
    "I write about beautiful things because I live in a country that has tried to kill me and every...
    The Flower Sisters
    by Michelle Collins Anderson
    Michelle Collins Anderson's novel The Flower Sisters, based in part on a real tragedy that occurred ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The 1619 Project
by Nikole Hannah-Jones
An impactful expansion of groundbreaking journalism, The 1619 Project offers a revealing vision of America's past and present.

The fact of knowing how to read is nothing, the whole point is knowing what to read.

L T C O of the B