Reader reviews and comments on Driving Mr Albert, plus links to write your own review.

Driving Mr Albert

Jun 2001, 224 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Driving Mr Albert

JAMES FRASER

Driving Mr. Albet
Hi, the book is very interesting, I have read other reviews, like "book notes" that said a large part of the brain was in Saskatchewan Canada. I lived near Canwood Saskatchewan where Einstein played hockey, but no brain. The only conclusion I have about the brains first findings in Canwood Saskatchewan and ending up in the states goes like this.The city PRINCE ALBERT is near Canwood an is named after a German prince who married Queen Victoria of England who loved books enjoyed Lieserls Einsteind mothers research, who died in1901 and Lieserlin born in1902. My grandmother was well-off and from England who knew other people , Lieserl would live in upper class because of relatives. Because the war she moved back and forth to PRINCE ALBERT because of the underdeveloped city. The Dr. Harvey would have made a promise to leave some of the brain in the same town Canwwod where his daughter died for sentimental reason.(The deformity of Lieserl would be an extra finger.) for sentimental connection to his son and granddaughter in the book would be his only legacy. That is the only conclusion I have to why Paterniti saying he found the brain in Saskatchewan. Speculating. Good Book.
Kort

I personally enjoyed this story of 2 men who travel across the US with Albert Einstein's brain in the trunk of their rented Buick. It was quirky and fun and sweet all at the same time. Included is a light biography of Einstein and the bizarre events that took place after his death concerning his brain. Even a little Relativity is thrown in. This is not a serious book and shouldn't be approached as one. I found it to be the perfect read while I was cruising around the Caribbean. Anyone who is interested in this subject matter and doesn't already know much about it should feel the same way.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Salt Houses by Hala Alyan

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S