What readers think of Driving Mr Albert, plus links to write your own review.

Driving Mr Albert

Jun 2001, 224 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Driving Mr Albert

JAMES FRASER

Driving Mr. Albet
Hi, the book is very interesting, I have read other reviews, like "book notes" that said a large part of the brain was in Saskatchewan Canada. I lived near Canwood Saskatchewan where Einstein played hockey, but no brain. The only conclusion I have about the brains first findings in Canwood Saskatchewan and ending up in the states goes like this.The city PRINCE ALBERT is near Canwood an is named after a German prince who married Queen Victoria of England who loved books enjoyed Lieserls Einsteind mothers research, who died in1901 and Lieserlin born in1902. My grandmother was well-off and from England who knew other people , Lieserl would live in upper class because of relatives. Because the war she moved back and forth to PRINCE ALBERT because of the underdeveloped city. The Dr. Harvey would have made a promise to leave some of the brain in the same town Canwwod where his daughter died for sentimental reason.(The deformity of Lieserl would be an extra finger.) for sentimental connection to his son and granddaughter in the book would be his only legacy. That is the only conclusion I have to why Paterniti saying he found the brain in Saskatchewan. Speculating. Good Book.
Kort

I personally enjoyed this story of 2 men who travel across the US with Albert Einstein's brain in the trunk of their rented Buick. It was quirky and fun and sweet all at the same time. Included is a light biography of Einstein and the bizarre events that took place after his death concerning his brain. Even a little Relativity is thrown in. This is not a serious book and shouldn't be approached as one. I found it to be the perfect read while I was cruising around the Caribbean. Anyone who is interested in this subject matter and doesn't already know much about it should feel the same way.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Skinship
    Skinship
    by Yoon Choi
    The fine thing about short stories in general is their way of following characters through ...
    The Last Mona Lisa
    by Jonathan Santlofer
    In 1911, the Mona Lisa disappeared from its home at the Louvre in Paris. It took two years for the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Women of Troy
    The Women of Troy
    by Pat Barker
    Set in the liminal days following the Trojan War, The Women of Troy follows Briseis, who the reader ...
  • Book Jacket: The Magician
    The Magician
    by Colm Toibin
    Thomas Mann — the subject of this biographical novel by Colm Tóibín — is ...

Morningside Heights
by Joshua Henkin
A tender and big-hearted novel about love in the face of loss, from the award-winning author of The World Without You.

Flesh & Blood
    by N. West Moss

This beautifully written memoir offers insight, understanding, and joy.

Win This Book!
Win Sisters of the Great War

Sisters of the Great War by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

Y A B Up T W T