What readers think of Hot Six, plus links to write your own review.

Hot Six

Jun 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Hot Six

Foxxeyladie

Lovin' Plum
Evanovich just gets better & better. One of the few books/series that has made me laugh out loud while reading!! Enjoy all the characters, the grandmother alone will keep you in stitches. Stephanie Plum is a one of a kind "Bounty Hunter" from the "Burg". Hope Janet keeps producing more..I hate to see the series end!!
Rob S.

This is a truly great book. Excellent humor and completely exciting. I can't wait for the next one!
Dorothy

Very funny, a good light-hearted read
Bonnie

Janet Evanovich gets better with each new Plum book. As a fellow Jersey girl I can relate to the local & family happenings in the book. Love Grandma......Can't wait for Hard 8 to see what Stephanie & grandma are up to next.
Literal Truth

The Plum Soap
I admit that at first I had a strong fascination with the loveable, yet bumbling bounty hunter that is Stephanie Plum. I eagerly picked up the number books one after another, but after "Hot Six" I think the love affair is over.
Besides the fact that all the books have the same format and general plot characteristics, after a while I realized that - just like a Soap Opera- I could skip over a few numbers, start reading the latest incarnation and still know EXACTLY what was going on and which male Stephanie was agonizing over at that moment!
The worst part is that it became obvious Evanovich was going to keep Stephanie fumbling in both her love life and her job indefinitely. Most people after a while eventually LEARN how to do their job, but not Miss Plum! Also, Stephanie's character was so emphatic about her position on philandering males and her ex-husband Dickie Orr - yet Evanovich has her wantonly flashing her TaTas to two men at the same time! The irony is pretty thick that Morelli seems to want to settle down and the wayward Stephanie is playing the field with the dangerous Ranger.
Frankly, without ever having to read anymore of the Plum books, the reader KNOWS that this love triangle is never going to end, no matter HOW MANY number books Evanovich busts out. To continue reading this series has the potential to lead to mind-numbing boredom and a strong urge to throw the book out the window!
My advice is rather than continue to read the same book over and over again - find a new heroine, or a new series. It is time to jump off the Plum bandwagon at book six and consign the rest of the number books in New Jersey fashion - to the landfill.

KK
The best stephanie plum roller coaster ride yet! can't wait for the next one.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...
  • Book Jacket: Firekeeper's Daughter
    Firekeeper's Daughter
    by Angeline Boulley
    Angeline Boulley's young adult novel Firekeeper's Daughter follows 18-year-old Daunis — ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter in Sokcho
    Winter in Sokcho
    by Elisa Dusapin
    Our unnamed narrator is a young French-Korean woman who works at a guest house in Sokcho, a popular ...
  • Book Jacket: Second Place
    Second Place
    by Rachel Cusk
    Rachel Cusk's Outline trilogy drew much of its substance from monologues and dialogues that swirled ...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

A Theater for Dreamers
    by Polly Samson

A spellbinding tour-de-force about the beauty between naïveté and cruelty, artist and muse.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

I have lost all sense of home, having moved about so much. It means to me now only that place where the books are ...

A S I T closet