MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Hot Six, plus links to write your own review.

Hot Six

Jun 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Hot Six

Foxxeyladie

Lovin' Plum
Evanovich just gets better & better. One of the few books/series that has made me laugh out loud while reading!! Enjoy all the characters, the grandmother alone will keep you in stitches. Stephanie Plum is a one of a kind "Bounty Hunter" from the "Burg". Hope Janet keeps producing more..I hate to see the series end!!
Rob S.

This is a truly great book. Excellent humor and completely exciting. I can't wait for the next one!
Dorothy

Very funny, a good light-hearted read
Bonnie

Janet Evanovich gets better with each new Plum book. As a fellow Jersey girl I can relate to the local & family happenings in the book. Love Grandma......Can't wait for Hard 8 to see what Stephanie & grandma are up to next.
Literal Truth

The Plum Soap
I admit that at first I had a strong fascination with the loveable, yet bumbling bounty hunter that is Stephanie Plum. I eagerly picked up the number books one after another, but after "Hot Six" I think the love affair is over.
Besides the fact that all the books have the same format and general plot characteristics, after a while I realized that - just like a Soap Opera- I could skip over a few numbers, start reading the latest incarnation and still know EXACTLY what was going on and which male Stephanie was agonizing over at that moment!
The worst part is that it became obvious Evanovich was going to keep Stephanie fumbling in both her love life and her job indefinitely. Most people after a while eventually LEARN how to do their job, but not Miss Plum! Also, Stephanie's character was so emphatic about her position on philandering males and her ex-husband Dickie Orr - yet Evanovich has her wantonly flashing her TaTas to two men at the same time! The irony is pretty thick that Morelli seems to want to settle down and the wayward Stephanie is playing the field with the dangerous Ranger.
Frankly, without ever having to read anymore of the Plum books, the reader KNOWS that this love triangle is never going to end, no matter HOW MANY number books Evanovich busts out. To continue reading this series has the potential to lead to mind-numbing boredom and a strong urge to throw the book out the window!
My advice is rather than continue to read the same book over and over again - find a new heroine, or a new series. It is time to jump off the Plum bandwagon at book six and consign the rest of the number books in New Jersey fashion - to the landfill.

KK
The best stephanie plum roller coaster ride yet! can't wait for the next one.

• Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...
  • Book Jacket: Run Me to Earth
    Run Me to Earth
    by Paul Yoon
    Suspenseful and elegant storytelling in Run Me to Earth kept me turning pages even through traumatic...
  • Book Jacket: Beheld
    Beheld
    by TaraShea Nesbit
    Much like her debut novel The Wives of Los Alamos, TaraShea Nesbit's Beheld imagines a familiar ...

The Yellow Bird Sings
    by Jennifer Rosner

A breathtaking debut inspired by the true stories of Jewish children hidden during WWII.

Actress
    by Anne Enright

From the Man Booker Prize–winner, a brilliant and moving novel about celebrity, and power.

Resistance Women
by Jennifer Chiaverini

An enthralling saga, inspired by real events, that recreates the danger and sacrifice of the Weimar Republic.

Win The Firsts