Reader reviews and comments on Hot Six, plus links to write your own review.

Hot Six

by Janet Evanovich

Hot Six by Janet Evanovich

Jun 2000, 320 pages
    Jun 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Hot Six

Literal Truth (02/29/12)

The Plum Soap
I admit that at first I had a strong fascination with the loveable, yet bumbling bounty hunter that is Stephanie Plum. I eagerly picked up the number books one after another, but after "Hot Six" I think the love affair is over.
Besides the fact that all the books have the same format and general plot characteristics, after a while I realized that - just like a Soap Opera- I could skip over a few numbers, start reading the latest incarnation and still know EXACTLY what was going on and which male Stephanie was agonizing over at that moment!
The worst part is that it became obvious Evanovich was going to keep Stephanie fumbling in both her love life and her job indefinitely. Most people after a while eventually LEARN how to do their job, but not Miss Plum! Also, Stephanie's character was so emphatic about her position on philandering males and her ex-husband Dickie Orr - yet Evanovich has her wantonly flashing her TaTas to two men at the same time! The irony is pretty thick that Morelli seems to want to settle down and the wayward Stephanie is playing the field with the dangerous Ranger.
Frankly, without ever having to read anymore of the Plum books, the reader KNOWS that this love triangle is never going to end, no matter HOW MANY number books Evanovich busts out. To continue reading this series has the potential to lead to mind-numbing boredom and a strong urge to throw the book out the window!
My advice is rather than continue to read the same book over and over again - find a new heroine, or a new series. It is time to jump off the Plum bandwagon at book six and consign the rest of the number books in New Jersey fashion - to the landfill.
Foxxeyladie (02/02/08)

Lovin' Plum
Evanovich just gets better & better. One of the few books/series that has made me laugh out loud while reading!! Enjoy all the characters, the grandmother alone will keep you in stitches. Stephanie Plum is a one of a kind "Bounty Hunter" from the "Burg". Hope Janet keeps producing more..I hate to see the series end!!
Rob S. (08/31/03)

This is a truly great book. Excellent humor and completely exciting. I can't wait for the next one!
Dorothy (07/27/02)

Very funny, a good light-hearted read
Bonnie (03/19/02)

Janet Evanovich gets better with each new Plum book. As a fellow Jersey girl I can relate to the local & family happenings in the book. Love Grandma......Can't wait for Hard 8 to see what Stephanie & grandma are up to next.
Anonymous (08/09/01)

KK
The best stephanie plum roller coaster ride yet! can't wait for the next one.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

He has only half learned the art of reading who has not added to it the more refined art of skipping and skimming.

Y S M B, I'll S Y