Reader reviews and comments on Me Talk Pretty One Day, plus links to write your own review.

Me Talk Pretty One Day

by David Sedaris

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris X
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

May 2000, 224 pages
    Jun 2001, 224 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for Me Talk Pretty One Day

Jessica Rhea

I recomend this to anyone who can sit down and read a whole book, because from the first chapter, you simply can't put this one down!!
Ariel

I listened to a recording of this book, narrated by the author. The book was a treasure, even better when listened to and I tell you he wasn't lying about his Billie Holiday impression- it's fantastic.
anonymous

Sedaris' Me talk pretty one day is a very good book . It touches your heart as well as making you laugh at the same time. It is the best book I have ever read. I really mean it!

One of your greatest fans,Sedaris, anonymous fan

wonderful
Christy

I couldn't put it down or stop laughing out loud. A MUST read!

Lately I find little that is new and different. David Sedaris is both. Offbeat humor that you wont be able to put down. Try not to read this book on an airplane, your laughter may disturb the rest of the passengers or worse yet they may think you a terrorist.
Rachel

Totally Stupid
I guess I anticipated a much different book--perhaps something that displayed a point? The things that other people thought of as "funny" or "hilarious" I found to be complete asinine craziness. It rambled, it provided useless details and absoultely guaranteed NO POINT. I read the entire book, erroneously optimistic that I would draw some sort of conclusion or explanation for the boring "essays" I was reading. This book was a complete waste of time and a horrible example of a #1 Bestseller.

• Book Jacket: Lanny
    Lanny
    by Max Porter
    At once beautifully poignant and hauntingly grotesque, Max Porter's Lanny is like an unexpected ...
    Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
  • Book Jacket: The Last Collection
    The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin
    What it's about:
    The Last Collection by Jeanne Mackin follows the lives of two internationally ...
  • Book Jacket: Mrs. Everything
    Mrs. Everything
    by Jennifer Weiner
    Mrs. Everything spans six decades of an American family. We meet the Kaufman sisters Josette 'Jo' ...

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly