Reader reviews and comments on The Consolations of Philosophy, plus links to write your own review.

The Consolations of Philosophy

by Alain de Botton

The Consolations of Philosophy by Alain de Botton

Apr 2000, 320 pages
    Apr 2001, 320 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Consolations of Philosophy

Siggy (01/23/05)

Not bad. You feel good at the end, but somehow the lessons don't quite seem to stick or fall short of really consoling a person with all the nuances of life. Its general, but I suppose the style makes it that way.
Emily Pound (01/03/05)

a must read!
Stephen (03/03/02)

This is if not the best one of the best books I have ever read. I stongly suggest it. De Botton is clever in his way of intertwining philosophy with every day stuggles. Pick this book up you will not be able to put it down.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

In youth we run into difficulties. In old age difficulties run into us

Y S M B, I'll S Y