Reader reviews and comments on The Consolations of Philosophy, plus links to write your own review.

The Consolations of Philosophy

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Consolations of Philosophy

Emily Pound

a must read!
Stephen

This is if not the best one of the best books I have ever read. I stongly suggest it. De Botton is clever in his way of intertwining philosophy with every day stuggles. Pick this book up you will not be able to put it down.
Siggy

Not bad. You feel good at the end, but somehow the lessons don't quite seem to stick or fall short of really consoling a person with all the nuances of life. Its general, but I suppose the style makes it that way.

• Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    The Ensemble
    by Aja Gabel

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Other People's Houses