What readers think of Driving Over Lemons, plus links to write your own review.

Driving Over Lemons

May 2001, 256 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Driving Over Lemons

Lisa Shepard

Just read it
After reading it myself, I have bought this book, and the ones that follow, for all my closest friends. I will wait patiently until Chris feels he has lived enough to fill another book, and will be first in the queue to buy it when it it published. I'm just grateful that he put pen to paper (or fingers to word processor). Thanks
Alicia

A wonderful read. This book was a great escape from modern life.
Derek Miles

Role on the follow up
casey

I really liked this book. It was very entertaining. Best of luck to Chris.
George Cliff

A fantastic read - the type of book that allows you to escape to quaint areas of the world without even leaving your living room. This is down to earth, funny and exotic all at once. All I want to do now is go down there and do the same thing myself!
Maureen Ellis

I admit to a pre conception that a rock band drummer/sheep shearer would not be able to write! I am amazed at Chris Stewart's erudite manner of writing, his poetic language and beautiful descriptions. I laughed out loud especially when he wrote on page 70 that they "were fast becoming slaves again to all the things we had come to this benighted spot to flee". I loved this book and hope to read the sequel. I heard Chris talk about it (Parrot in the Pepper Tree)on Radio 4 when he spoke of "telling the truth" rather than romanticising his experiences.
Marty Fargo

Loved the book so much we're off to buy a finca in Andalucia.

it held my attention from the first page to the last. interesting and humorous. makes you wish to have a life like that.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Spymaster of Baghdad
    The Spymaster of Baghdad
    by Margaret Coker
    For the last 17 years, the country of Iraq has known almost constant violence and political upheaval...
  • Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...
  • Book Jacket: Dark Horses
    Dark Horses
    by Susan Mihalic
    Dark Horses is a shocking, heart-pounding debut; it's both a coming-of-age novel and an unflinching ...
  • Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...

The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner

A forgotten history. A secret network of women. A legacy of poison and revenge. Welcome to The Lost Apothecary.

The Northern Reach
    by W.S. Winslow

What is the weight of the stories we choose to tell...and the burdens of those we hide?

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis