Reader reviews and comments on Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates, plus links to write your own review.

Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates

by Tom Robbins

Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates by Tom Robbins

May 2000, 432 pages
    May 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates

Biscuit

Brilliant, witty, sick but yet what everyone thinks (or should)!
Bob

Tom Robbins has slipped the dream into reality, fiction into history, and Switters into Bangkok. Philisophically brilliant, religiously enticing, and downright histerical, I'll never look at a nun the same way!!!
Brian Hartley

The best central character i have ever read.
Ruby Lipps

This is Tom Robbins at his finest...again. His mind's eye allows him to put out incredibly creative narrative descriptions. His command of language is impressive. Some of his “action” might not be for everyone but his writing is so exquisite I would hope even the dull of spirit could enjoy his style. This is a ride worth taking!
Canuck

Totally awesome, takes stereotypes flips them upside down and knocks the sense out of them
Josiah

Way too many words
The idea for this book should have stayed home in the mind of Robbins. Way too many words and very little content. I would only recommend this book to someone who has read all the other books by the author and I love most of those. The ending solves nothing and leaves most all the questions about the character unanswered and I don't even like this character nor do I care what happens to him.

• Book Jacket: Rebellion
    by E Lockhart
  • Book Jacket: Jumping at Shadows
    Jumping at Shadows
    by Sasha Abramsky
    In September 2015, fourteen-year old Ahmed Mohamed was thrust into the national spotlight when the ...

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

The Twelve-Mile Straight
    by Eleanor Henderson

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E