Reader reviews and comments on Flight of Eagles, plus links to write your own review.

Flight of Eagles

by Jack Higgins

Flight of Eagles by Jack Higgins

May 1998, 328 pages
    Jul 1999, 320 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Flight of Eagles

Dustin Vance

Two Thumbs Up!!!
I just finished this book as an assignment for my AP US History class. I was completely amazed at the skill of the author to write such an incredible book. The action and suspense kept me immersed for hours. The plot was astounding and had me guessing till the very end. I just couldn't put it down. If it is true or not isn't important, although it would be even more interesting if it is. I would recommend this book to anyone.
JoAnne

Flight of Eagles
Loved it! The combination of intrigue, suspense and engrossing historical information.
Joel Thunborg

The book is very well written, although I don't know if it is true. I've found only one site that mentions Max von Halder and that is on an online gaming site. Nonetheless, I love this book.
Alyssia

I read this book and liked the story very much. However, I don't think it is a true story. The characters just don't seem to have existed - even if someone wanted to keep certain things secret, history can't be erased just like that. Another thing was that Erich Hartmann - "Bubi" survived the WWII as a Luftwaffe ace from the east front [according to 2 sources]... The link to Max Halder I found on this page is a link to an on-line game! I guess Higgins wrote what he wrote to make the book more fascinating.
Anonymous

Very good book. Well written, but I doubt that it is true. After some research I can't find any mention of an Abe Kelso being a US Senator. Don't believe me - check it out yourself

josh

Very good book though i could never believe it was a true story
Nickie

Flight of Eagles is by far one of the best books on pilots and WWII. As a soon-to-be pilot myself I found it very exciting, and with so many twists and turns in the plot you won't be left disappointed. The story of the brothers touched me so much that I felt the need to find out more about them and if the story was true. It'll make one hell of a movie!
Shubha Prasad

Great and engrossing novelTextText. Jack Higgins as always has plotted the true story about the twins,Max and Harry Kelso, who were born flyers, in a very enchanting way. Once you start the book you never feel like keeping it down. The book touched me soo much that I thought of nothing but Kelso twins for days.

• Book Jacket: Good Me Bad Me

by Alison McGhee

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F