Reader reviews and comments on The Attorney, plus links to write your own review.

The Attorney

by Steve Martini

The Attorney by Steve Martini X
The Attorney by Steve Martini

Jan 2000, 429 pages
    Jan 2001, 429 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Attorney

jan

agree with other reviews!
I thought it was just me, but the other reviewers saw it too...no explanation as to how the cigar got there, or why the fish scales were on the victim's clothes!!
Up until then I enjoyed the book and it was very suspenseful.
neil jung

Unsatisfactory plot hole ruins good book
I read the book, enjoyed it, and whilst asleep my brain realised that there is a gaping hole in the plot. [.... details removed due to plot spoilers ....] This reminds me of Lady Don't Fall Backwards, the Hancock episode where he reads a novel to find the last page missing.... Most annoying. At least I have the new Robert Crais to read now. If you know how the cigar got there, please email me!
randala

I thought the book was suspenseful and good reading, until the last chapter when the mystery is revealed but unfortunately, not explained. As the first reviewer wrote, two key questions are completely left unanswered.....edited to remove plot spoilers....So much is written about these facts in the book and the ending which solves the mystery does not answer these questions. So I left feeling a bit robbed and quite unsatisfied.

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Other People's Houses