Reader reviews and comments on The Attorney, plus links to write your own review.

The Attorney

by Steve Martini

The Attorney by Steve Martini

Jan 2000, 429 pages
    Jan 2001, 429 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Attorney

jan (01/25/11)

agree with other reviews!
I thought it was just me, but the other reviewers saw it too...no explanation as to how the cigar got there, or why the fish scales were on the victim's clothes!!
Up until then I enjoyed the book and it was very suspenseful.
neil jung (03/18/06)

Unsatisfactory plot hole ruins good book
I read the book, enjoyed it, and whilst asleep my brain realised that there is a gaping hole in the plot. [.... details removed due to plot spoilers ....] This reminds me of Lady Don't Fall Backwards, the Hancock episode where he reads a novel to find the last page missing.... Most annoying. At least I have the new Robert Crais to read now. If you know how the cigar got there, please email me!
randala (09/10/03)

I thought the book was suspenseful and good reading, until the last chapter when the mystery is revealed but unfortunately, not explained. As the first reviewer wrote, two key questions are completely left unanswered.....edited to remove plot spoilers....So much is written about these facts in the book and the ending which solves the mystery does not answer these questions. So I left feeling a bit robbed and quite unsatisfied.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it

Y S M B, I'll S Y