What readers think of Soul of The Fire, plus links to write your own review.

Soul of The Fire

Apr 1999, 508 pages

Mar 2000, 792 pages

There are currently 22 reader reviews for Soul of The Fire

David Chang
Well, the other 4 books were a lot better. I found the plot weak and boring. I did like the fifth rule and the way Richard is beginning to act. The ending was good but lacked the big power of the first two. I'd give this book a 6/10.

Adam
Soul of the Fire, the fifth book in the Sword of Truth series, flows fluidly from Temple of the Winds and presents new and captivating problems. This book was everything I expected, and then some, from an author of Goodkind's talents. He continues to create believable characters and a gripping plot.

Bernadette Josesco
When I first read "Soul of the Fire", I admit to being shocked that so much was focused on a single part of the (former) Midlands. But what I love about this book is that it shows the strong relationship between the two main characters and I'm intrigued to find out if they'll ever get a break from all their troubles. This book really incorporates the fifth wizard's rule and it gets into the real interactions of people. I can't wait until the next book!

Mark McCabe
My hopes for this fifth book lay in my judgement of the previous four. The first three were masterful pieces of work and created a fantasy setting on a grandiose scale. The fourth (Temple of the Winds) though a distant fourth in my ratings was still a very good yarn.

On completing the fifth however, I was completely shocked. Instead of dealing in the aspects that made the other books great (unrestrained magic, massive wars, decisive battles) he instead created a political espionage focusing around a small land. This is definitely not what I expected nor wanted in this book. I truly hope he returns to the style that made the previous books magical.

Jennifer Wilder
I have been a fan of the Sword of Truth Series for quite a long time. I have long awaited the arrival of this book, and had high expectations for it. I found that I was slightly disappointed that Terry Goodkind did not take advantage of the fact that Kahlan could have a baby boy. I believe that this twist of plot could have been very uplifting to a series that was getting a bit old. I hope that Terry Goodkind will write another book where a change of pace will be welcome.

Percy Mills
I would be a fool to suggest that Terry Goodkind is not one of the greatest fiction writers of our time. The man truly has a gift. The first four books of "The Sword of Truth" series are totally captivating and you can't say the adventures were anything but masterfully crafted, however book five.
Well, I will give credit where it is due, once again the artwork was flawless, like a hand in a glove. Unfortunately, the story itself lacked the level of 'fire' that the previous books had. I am talking BIG anticlimax. If Mr. Goodkind pursues a further development of this story (And I hope he doesn't) he should take a long vacation break, free of the hounding publisher's and rekindle the spark of abundant talent he undoubtedly has.
Terry, thanks for the wonderful story. Whatever you do next, GOD BLESS. Happy reading, Percy

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Lonely People
    All the Lonely People
    by Mike Gayle
    Mike Gayle's charming novel All the Lonely People introduces us to Hubert Bird, an 82-year-old ...
  • Book Jacket: Perish
    Perish
    by LaToya Watkins
    It's a commonly cited fact that many perpetrators of sexual abuse, particularly men, are victims of ...

The Ways We Hide