Reader reviews and comments on Havana Bay, plus links to write your own review.

Havana Bay

Apr 2001, 352 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Havana Bay

d.a.shultz

Review of Martin Cruz Smith's works and Reviews
Smith is incredibly underestimated. He never writes a commonplace sentence; his descriptions and settings and phrases as choreographed as Astaire and Rogers. Nothing mawkish, nothing dull, nothing out of place - each character original, as real as my neighbors, and far more interesting.

Where so many of today's writers use the same format book after book changing names and places, with, sadly, inevitable touches of sadism, Smith's books are original and enjoyable, and Renko is a terrific protagonist.
Stephen Pendergast

I really liked this book. I thought the evocation of modern Cuba as seen by a Russian visitor very effective. Descriptions of the people, scenery, and occupations of the people made one feel right there. Arkady Renko is a very sypathetic protagonist with buldog tenacity and realistic flaws. Ofelia the PNR investigator makes a good pairing.
ish

The book is very interesting. I like the plot because it's full of mystery and every incident is really scary.
Also, I get to learn the language in Cuba.Sounds interesting.
Anyway, it would be better if the book has a glossary at the back for the meanings of the Cuban words.
Thank you and more power to all!

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Chalk Man
    by C. J. Tudor

Relentlessly compelling psychological suspense. The must-read thriller debut of 2018.

Win Mothers of Sparta

Mothers of Sparta: A Memoir

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!