Reader reviews and comments on River, Cross My Heart, plus links to write your own review.

River, Cross My Heart

by Breena Clarke

River, Cross My Heart by Breena Clarke X
River, Cross My Heart by Breena Clarke

Oct 1999, 245 pages
    Oct 1999, 245 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for River, Cross My Heart

sherri

river, cross my heart = fabulous
This novel was amazing! I can't quite see how some of you can say it was boring...I thought it was fabulous. I loved the emotional truths and sheer passion seen through Johnnie Mae.
Angie B.

This book was a great read! I felt as though I was living in the 1920's right with the Characters.
LASHAWNDA MINOR

THIS IS A GREAT BOOK. I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO READ IT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOW THE AFRICAN AMERICANS WERE TREATED DIFFERENTLY.
Anna Nicodemus

One of the best, if not the ultimate novel. Grabbed me from the moment I sat down on a Saturday afternoon. Highly recommended to anyone who appreciates good, excellent, worthy literature. Being an African woman, stuck in a world of apartheid, I could relate to the Johnnie Mae's feelings.
Nashyrah Carter

I loved th is book it was spectacular
melody ware

i think that the book really made you think and i t made you read between the lines. fro example the prejudice and the thought that she has to live with that she was suppose to be watching her little sister and since she didnt she died.
Anonymous

I found this book ok they made it seem so exciting but as i read it, i became slightly confused as to what was happening. It provided great insight to the world of African Americans of the 20's, and it tought me a lot. Even though the book did seem worth while, its not as great as it has been presented by many.
Hina Latif

This book was so.....not gettin to the point i dont recommend it to any one!

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...

Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose & Fiona Davis (editors)

One City.
    One Movement.
    A World of Stories.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O