Reader reviews and comments on River, Cross My Heart, plus links to write your own review.

River, Cross My Heart

by Breena Clarke

River, Cross My Heart by Breena Clarke X
River, Cross My Heart by Breena Clarke

Oct 1999, 245 pages
    Oct 1999, 245 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for River, Cross My Heart

river, cross my heart = fabulous
This novel was amazing! I can't quite see how some of you can say it was boring...I thought it was fabulous. I loved the emotional truths and sheer passion seen through Johnnie Mae.
Angie B.

This book was a great read! I felt as though I was living in the 1920's right with the Characters.

Anna Nicodemus

One of the best, if not the ultimate novel. Grabbed me from the moment I sat down on a Saturday afternoon. Highly recommended to anyone who appreciates good, excellent, worthy literature. Being an African woman, stuck in a world of apartheid, I could relate to the Johnnie Mae's feelings.
Nashyrah Carter

I loved th is book it was spectacular
melody ware

i think that the book really made you think and i t made you read between the lines. fro example the prejudice and the thought that she has to live with that she was suppose to be watching her little sister and since she didnt she died.

I found this book ok they made it seem so exciting but as i read it, i became slightly confused as to what was happening. It provided great insight to the world of African Americans of the 20's, and it tought me a lot. Even though the book did seem worth while, its not as great as it has been presented by many.
Hina Latif

This book was so.....not gettin to the point i dont recommend it to any one!

• Book Jacket: A Land of Permanent Goodbyes

• Book Jacket: Educated
    by Tara Westover

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Win The Balcony

The Balcony
by Jane Delury

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!