MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Tara Road, plus links to write your own review.

Tara Road

Jul 2000, 502 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Tara Road

~*Rachel*~

Tara Road was an AMAZING book
Maeve Binchy has captured the timeless struggles of modern mom and the selfishness of men and put it into an amazing book of hardship and change. This is one of my all time favorites!!
Betül

It makes you read it all the time till you finish.
Judy Harrington

This was my first book read by me by Maeve Binchy and I am anxiously awaiting the reading of many more. She is the most wonderful author and really draws one into the complex lives of her characters.
Rosamond Rudy

I loved Tara Road. Like all of Maeve Binchy's books , I read it every spare minute that I had and I
was sorry to come to the end. I am anxious for Maeve Binchy's next book. She is a wonderful

Kae

Ms Binchy can do no wrong. All of her books are great. Unable to put this one down, & could have cried when it was done.
kconklin

Until now, I had never read a book that literally took me for the emotional ride of my life. I cried, I laughed and I walked away from the book, but it pulled me back into the tumultous lives of the people of Tara Road. In the end, two nights later, I had the satisfaction of having survived. Read the book!

I was quite disappointed in this book. I thought the storyline was very pedictable and the characters were cliche and one dimensional. This is the sort of fluff one reads while battling a bad cold or the flu. It doesn't require much effort on the part of the reader to follow along and it doesn't provide any real stimulation.

Vicki
I absolutely loved this book and have read it twice! It prompted me to do a home-exchange like the ladies in the story. Warm, funny, touching...it's all of Mauve B. style.

• Book Jacket: A Dredging in Swann
    A Dredging in Swann
    by Tim Garvin
    A Dredging in Swann, set in fictional Swann County, North Carolina, centers around fresh-out-of-the-...
  • Book Jacket: The Black Cathedral
    The Black Cathedral
    by Marcial Gala
    Marcial Gala's The Black Cathedral, translated from the Spanish by Anna Kushner, is narrated through...
  • Book Jacket: When We Were Vikings
    When We Were Vikings
    by Andrew David MacDonald
    In When We Were Vikings by Andrew David MacDonald, readers are first introduced to Zelda on her ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Build a Heart
    How to Build a Heart
    by Maria Padian
    Maria Padian is well-known for her motif of exploring teen reactions to social issues. Her novel ...

Red Letter Days
    by Sarah-Jane Stratford

A striking novel about two daring women who escape McCarthy-era Hollywood for London.

The Sun Down Motel
    by Simone St. James

The chilling new novel from the national bestselling and award-winning author of The Broken Girls.

Remembrance
by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I