What readers think of By The Light of My Father's Smile, plus links to write your own review.

By The Light of My Father's Smile

by Alice Walker

By The Light of My Father's Smile by Alice Walker X
By The Light of My Father's Smile by Alice Walker

Oct 1998, 222 pages

Aug 1999, 222 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for By The Light of My Father's Smile

Hannah

I think that this book was the best book I have ever read. I would like to read more like it
J.L.B.F.

I think that this book is an excellent book except for the fact that it is available to middle school children, such as my son. But, other than that I like the fact that it gives you a feel of how those people were really feeling and why they felt this way and I think it give very good insight on family relationships and interactions with communities around the world.
Shirley A. Mason

Excellent Book! I enjoyed reading it. I love all of Alice
Walker's books. Job well done!!
Ashley Jones

I think By the Light of my Father's Smile was a great book. When I read it I felt as if I was watching along with the angels in the story. HAving others watching and telling what they saw was different. The narrator is usually the person having the experiences, but Alice Wlaker incorporated everyone. I enjoyed how they shared more than one character's life story at a time. You knew what was going on with everyone. I think the the touch of sexuality made it quite interesting. It was not too much to be vulgar but enough to let you know that book was real. Alice Walker is a great writer! I really enjoyed this book.
F.A.O.

An amazing novel that deals with spirituality. The characters deal with the consequences of past choices and their knowledge of religion and what lies beyond death is challenged. Choices about sexuality are explored as the characters continue their existence.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Lonely People
    All the Lonely People
    by Mike Gayle
    Mike Gayle's charming novel All the Lonely People introduces us to Hubert Bird, an 82-year-old ...
  • Book Jacket: Perish
    Perish
    by LaToya Watkins
    It's a commonly cited fact that many perpetrators of sexual abuse, particularly men, are victims of ...

The Ways We Hide