Reader reviews and comments on Amy and Isabelle, plus links to write your own review.

Amy and Isabelle

by Elizabeth Strout

Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout X
Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout

Jan 1999, 304 pages
    Feb 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Amy and Isabelle

brianna

I have throughly enjoyed this book and i think that every mother and daughter should read it. It discusses the complex relationship they share and how it can keepthem together or tare them apart
sally

teacher/student/mother
I think I would have enjoyed reading this book in seventh grade.....but I was already reading my mothers hidden book: Forever Amber....At age 81 I found it ridiculous.
Trish

hey. I am in the middle of reading this book, and so far its realy good. I hope the ending is as good as it shoukd be! Thanks, and ill do another review when im finished with the book!
Anonymous

Sarah Cowan
The novel Amy and Isabelle was beautiful in the sense that it portrayed life as it is, not as we hope and imagine it to be. It reveals truth and reality in such a way that we can relate as the readers. Its message clarifies life's truth-that there is not always a blissfully happy ending to every situation. The novel shows the mistakes of man, and that the mistakes change lives and relationships forever. Man suffers and learns about life through mistakes, as Amy and Isabelle do. However Amy bored me at times and I often pitied her. The book did leave me with a lot of unanswered questions, about Amy's fate with her biological family.

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown