MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Amy and Isabelle, plus links to write your own review.

Amy and Isabelle

by Elizabeth Strout

Amy and Isabelle

Jan 1999, 304 pages
    Feb 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Amy and Isabelle

sally (05/25/15)

teacher/student/mother
I think I would have enjoyed reading this book in seventh grade.....but I was already reading my mothers hidden book: Forever Amber....At age 81 I found it ridiculous.
Trish (08/24/04)

hey. I am in the middle of reading this book, and so far its realy good. I hope the ending is as good as it shoukd be! Thanks, and ill do another review when im finished with the book!
brianna (03/24/02)

I have throughly enjoyed this book and i think that every mother and daughter should read it. It discusses the complex relationship they share and how it can keepthem together or tare them apart
Anonymous (07/15/01)

Sarah Cowan
The novel Amy and Isabelle was beautiful in the sense that it portrayed life as it is, not as we hope and imagine it to be. It reveals truth and reality in such a way that we can relate as the readers. Its message clarifies life's truth-that there is not always a blissfully happy ending to every situation. The novel shows the mistakes of man, and that the mistakes change lives and relationships forever. Man suffers and learns about life through mistakes, as Amy and Isabelle do. However Amy bored me at times and I often pitied her. The book did leave me with a lot of unanswered questions, about Amy's fate with her biological family.

• Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    The Lost Child
    by Caryl Phillips
    The Lost Child is a modern novel constructed within a historical frame, invoking one of the most ...

If I Forget You
    by Thomas Christopher Greene

A haunting tale of lost love from the critically acclaimed author of The Headmaster's Wife.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win The Charmers

The Charmers by Elizabeth Adler

"This tale of romantic suspense makes the perfect beach read."
—Library Journal