Reader reviews and comments on Amy and Isabelle, plus links to write your own review.

Amy and Isabelle

by Elizabeth Strout

Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout X
Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout

Jan 1999, 304 pages
    Feb 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Amy and Isabelle

brianna

I have throughly enjoyed this book and i think that every mother and daughter should read it. It discusses the complex relationship they share and how it can keepthem together or tare them apart
sally

teacher/student/mother
I think I would have enjoyed reading this book in seventh grade.....but I was already reading my mothers hidden book: Forever Amber....At age 81 I found it ridiculous.
Trish

hey. I am in the middle of reading this book, and so far its realy good. I hope the ending is as good as it shoukd be! Thanks, and ill do another review when im finished with the book!
Anonymous

Sarah Cowan
The novel Amy and Isabelle was beautiful in the sense that it portrayed life as it is, not as we hope and imagine it to be. It reveals truth and reality in such a way that we can relate as the readers. Its message clarifies life's truth-that there is not always a blissfully happy ending to every situation. The novel shows the mistakes of man, and that the mistakes change lives and relationships forever. Man suffers and learns about life through mistakes, as Amy and Isabelle do. However Amy bored me at times and I often pitied her. The book did leave me with a lot of unanswered questions, about Amy's fate with her biological family.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers