Reader reviews and comments on Amy and Isabelle, plus links to write your own review.

Amy and Isabelle

by Elizabeth Strout

Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout

Jan 1999, 304 pages
    Feb 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Amy and Isabelle

sally (05/25/15)

teacher/student/mother
I think I would have enjoyed reading this book in seventh grade.....but I was already reading my mothers hidden book: Forever Amber....At age 81 I found it ridiculous.
Trish (08/24/04)

hey. I am in the middle of reading this book, and so far its realy good. I hope the ending is as good as it shoukd be! Thanks, and ill do another review when im finished with the book!
brianna (03/24/02)

I have throughly enjoyed this book and i think that every mother and daughter should read it. It discusses the complex relationship they share and how it can keepthem together or tare them apart
Anonymous (07/15/01)

Sarah Cowan
The novel Amy and Isabelle was beautiful in the sense that it portrayed life as it is, not as we hope and imagine it to be. It reveals truth and reality in such a way that we can relate as the readers. Its message clarifies life's truth-that there is not always a blissfully happy ending to every situation. The novel shows the mistakes of man, and that the mistakes change lives and relationships forever. Man suffers and learns about life through mistakes, as Amy and Isabelle do. However Amy bored me at times and I often pitied her. The book did leave me with a lot of unanswered questions, about Amy's fate with her biological family.

• Book Jacket: The Leavers
    The Leavers
    by Lisa Ko

The day before Deming Guo saw his mother for the last time, she surprised him at school. A navy ...

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R