Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022 and Award Winners

What readers think of Fortune's Rocks, plus links to write your own review.

Fortune's Rocks

by Anita Shreve

Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve X
Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve

Dec 1999, 435 pages

Jan 2001, 464 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Fortune's Rocks

Clare

This was the first book I read by Anita Shreve, and I've been addicted ever since! Her writing style was a refreshing change from anything I'd read in a long while, it reminded me of classics like Wuthering Heights. It was one of those books that I just couldn't put down, and although there was romance it was by no means slushy.
Definitely a book I'd recommend wholeheartedly, it is back on my bookshelf looking slightly battered as it has done the circuit of my friends...and once you've read this one - read all of the others

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: Horse
    Horse
    by Geraldine Brooks
    Voted 2022 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Geraldine Brooks creates a ...
  • Book Jacket: In Love
    In Love
    by Amy Bloom
    Voted 2022 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. In 2019, author Amy Bloom and her...
  • Book Jacket: Remarkably Bright Creatures
    Remarkably Bright Creatures
    by Shelby Van Pelt
    Voted 2022 Best Debut Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Shelby Van Pelt's debut novel, ...

Members Recommend

Scatterlings
    by Resoketswe Martha Manenzhe

The debut novel of a gifted storyteller who has become a sensation in her native South Africa.

The Big Holiday Wordplay

The Bell in the Lake
by Lars Mytting

Wherever they burn books, in the end will also burn human beings.