MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Certain Prey, plus links to write your own review.

Certain Prey

by John Sandford

Certain Prey by John Sandford X
Certain Prey by John Sandford

May 1999, 339 pages
    Mar 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Certain Prey

jimmy

when i first started reading this book I thought i would hate it. My teacher gave it to me and said i had to read it all in 2 months. Well im done with the book and have 5 weeks to go. I never thought that I would get into a book. Reading used to put me to sleep. Now since I started to read this book I stay up and do not want to put it down. This book has kept me on the edge of my seat till i got threw with it. The first chapter is what got me hooked. But i mean what do u think it will do to a 17 year old. But im glad I read it I have told everyone i know to get the book and read it cause its well worth it.

J Rolph
I have read all of the "Prey" series and they are all excellent books. Certain Prey was one that I had difficulty putting down. The climatic ending was such a shock, it really is too bad that Lucas didn't get the killer in this one, maybe that means Clara Rinker will appear in another great "Prey" book.
Keep up the great writing Mr. Sandford. I'm always waiting for the next Lucas Davenport book.

• Book Jacket: The Bear
    The Bear
    by Andrew Krivak
    The Bear feels like a novel I've been awaiting for years. I received the book and its message with ...
    The Island of Sea Women
    by Lisa See
    Lisa See's latest novel, The Island of Sea Women, follows the lives of Mi-ja and Young-sook, two ...
  • Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...

And They Called It Camelot
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

An unforgettable portrait of American legend Jackie O.

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed