Reader reviews and comments on The Concubine's Tattoo, plus links to write your own review.

The Concubine's Tattoo

by Laura Joh Rowland

The Concubine's Tattoo by Laura Joh Rowland X
The Concubine's Tattoo by Laura Joh Rowland

Dec 1998, 336 pages
    Apr 2000, 384 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Concubine's Tattoo

Madonna Nugent

I really enjoyed this book. I lived for a few years in Japan, so it was interesting to know all the places and temples of which the author wrote. There's plenty of Japanese history and culture to keep you transfixed as you read about the murdered Concubine and what goes on behind the royal walls of Edo.

The book grabs your attention from the first page and the story line moves entertaining along. The plot takes you on an unceasing journey and the love affair of the Sano and his new independent bride Shieko will keep you on your toes until the last chapter.

It's a great read, I highly recommend it. Take it on your holidays while sitting around the pool or save it for a rainy day. You won't be disappointed.

• Book Jacket: The Magnificent Esme Wells
    The Magnificent Esme Wells
    by Adrienne Sharp
    Esme Wells was not made to sit back and wait for her destiny. She was made to be magnificent. With ...
  • Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Anatomy of a Miracle
    by Jonathan Miles

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

I Wouldn't T H W A T-F P