Reader reviews and comments on The Concubine's Tattoo, plus links to write your own review.

The Concubine's Tattoo

by Laura Joh Rowland

The Concubine's Tattoo by Laura Joh Rowland

Dec 1998, 336 pages
    Apr 2000, 384 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Concubine's Tattoo

Madonna Nugent (10/10/04)

I really enjoyed this book. I lived for a few years in Japan, so it was interesting to know all the places and temples of which the author wrote. There's plenty of Japanese history and culture to keep you transfixed as you read about the murdered Concubine and what goes on behind the royal walls of Edo.

The book grabs your attention from the first page and the story line moves entertaining along. The plot takes you on an unceasing journey and the love affair of the Sano and his new independent bride Shieko will keep you on your toes until the last chapter.

It's a great read, I highly recommend it. Take it on your holidays while sitting around the pool or save it for a rainy day. You won't be disappointed.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Books are the carriers of civilization

O My D B