What readers think of The Paris Hours, plus links to write your own review.

The Paris Hours

by Alex George

The Paris Hours by Alex George X
The Paris Hours by Alex George

May 2020, 272 pages
    May 4, 2021, 272 pages

There are currently 50 reader reviews for The Paris Hours

Michelle A. (Elmwood, IL)

Many Opportunities Not Taken
I liked most of the characters in this book, but I thought there were many opportunities for interesting things to happen to them that never did. It seemed that all of the energy of the book was geared only at trying to get all of the characters to the same place at the same time. This does happen at the end of the book, but there isn't much thrill in what happens. One character a door away from the daughter he lost at the beginning of the novel is the best storyline to come out of the novel but it is left unresolved.
Jan Z. (Jefferson, SD)

Paris Hours
The things I liked about this book:
1. The WRITING! There wasn't a single word that was too much or too little.
2. The characters - the 3 main male characters were very believable and my empathy and understanding came pretty naturally.
3. The story was good. Not a "page turner", but it was interesting enough to keep reading. Maybe I should say "stories". There were 4 main characters and they each had their own individual story. I loved Jean-Paul!

The things I didn't like so much:
1. Camille - she was the 4th main character...and I felt she was a bit "off".
2. Using the famous people as a back ground seemed superficial or something. But I did look up Josephine Baker to learn more about her.

Gertrude Stein (1874-1946)

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...
  • Book Jacket: Dark Horses
    Dark Horses
    by Susan Mihalic
    Dark Horses is a shocking, heart-pounding debut; it's both a coming-of-age novel and an unflinching ...
  • Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...
  • Book Jacket: Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    by Malinda Lo
    Author Malinda Lo takes readers to Chinatown, San Francisco in 1954, where 17-year-old Lily Hu is ...

The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner

A forgotten history. A secret network of women. A legacy of poison and revenge. Welcome to The Lost Apothecary.

Smalltime
    by Russell Shorto

Family secrets emerge as a best-selling author dives into the history of the mob in small-town America.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis