Reader reviews and comments on The Paris Hours, plus links to write your own review.

The Paris Hours

May 4, 2021, 272 pages

There are currently 49 reader reviews for The Paris Hours

Jan Z. (Jefferson, SD)

Paris Hours
The things I liked about this book:
1. The WRITING! There wasn't a single word that was too much or too little.
2. The characters - the 3 main male characters were very believable and my empathy and understanding came pretty naturally.
3. The story was good. Not a "page turner", but it was interesting enough to keep reading. Maybe I should say "stories". There were 4 main characters and they each had their own individual story. I loved Jean-Paul!

The things I didn't like so much:
1. Camille - she was the 4th main character...and I felt she was a bit "off".
2. Using the famous people as a back ground seemed superficial or something. But I did look up Josephine Baker to learn more about her.

Gertrude Stein (1874-1946)

Join BookBrowse

The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...
  • Book Jacket: Dark, Salt, Clear
    Dark, Salt, Clear
    by Lamorna Ash
    Named after Lamorna Cove in her mother's rural home county of Cornwall (located in southwestern ...

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict

The real-life disappearance of Agatha Christie is perhaps her greatest mystery of all.

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F