Reader reviews and comments on The Vampire Armand, plus links to write your own review.

The Vampire Armand

Sep 1999, 397 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Vampire Armand

noor

breath-taking
"The Vampire Armand" is my absolute favorite Anne Rice book. It is simply magical, touching, exciting, deep, wise, unforgettable. You can't help but fall in love with Armand, the forever young, beautiful and tragic hero of the story. Armand and his story swept me off my feet and took my breath away.

LOVE ANNE RICE!
Larious Valarian Zineheart

Greetings friends, i adore the books by Madam Ann Rice they are wonderfully detailed, the pictures that form in your head are amazing. keep up the good work my lady you are adored by many even the true damned ones like my self. V
Julieta

Well it's simply excellent. I would say it's my favourite one but there is Armand in Lestat too, and being the "bad guy" to make it better, so it's difficult to say. I like Anne Rice focusing in a specific moment, telling a single story and not crossovering (doest that word exist?) her stiores asshe does on Merrick, which left quite dissapointed to be honest. Anyway I think this is one of her best book mainly because she changes dramatically the narrative tone from an arrogant and vital Lestat to the gloomy and misterious Armand and finds the exact voice for the character, answering lots of questions about him and letting us know him better. about the sexual part, well I rather enjoy it and I think it'sso beautifully written that nobody could be offended. Anyway if you're homofobic don't read the book! and don't bother the ones who don't have any trouble with people' sexual choices...
I give this book a 5 over 5
Serenity Spencer

This has to be my favorite book out of the Vampire Chronicles. Armand's struggle is a harsh one, but shows the trued light on him and his ways.
Kayla S.

I think this book is excellent. Anne Rice descrbes everything very well and you can just about picture Armand as the story continues. This book attaches itself to you and when something happens within it, you feel it as if you were there. This book is, in my opinion, is good for people who like vampires, such as myself. This book is not really recommended for younger people, younger then myself (16), as there is some sexual content in it. I love this book and I highly recommend it.
victoria

"The Vampire Armand" is one of my favourite ones in the vampire chronicles. I love Anne Rices style of writing, the way she takes time to describe places like Venice and the paintings,and the inside of Marius`s house seems like a place I could spend a lifetime looking around. The love between Marius and Armand was beautiful and never vulgar (although quite erotic). I`m not gay by the way, but I couldn`t help just falling in love wiyh both of them. Towards the end of the book two new characters are brought in which I hope to read more about.
Guillermo

I think Anne Rice is one of the best writers of this time. She has a creative mind to write her novels and writes them to add suspense to the readers. When you read any of her books, you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. With The Vampire Armand, I read a lot and I was able to finish the book like in about a week and a half because there's so much suspense and kept me reading.
Bella

This book is one of the best installments of Anne Rices chronicle. It is described so deeply and you love Armand (even though he may not be alluring in earlier books).
Any gothic fan, horror fan or anne rice fan shoud read this book.

Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Fake Like Me
    Fake Like Me
    by Barbara Bourland
    After years of trying to make it as a painter in New York City, the unnamed narrator of Fake Like Me...
  • Book Jacket: Hungry
    Hungry
    by Jeff Gordinier
    Noma, René Redzepi's restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark, has widely been considered among the ...
  • Book Jacket: With the Fire on High
    With the Fire on High
    by Elizabeth Acevedo
    From Like Water for Chocolate to Ratatouille, writers have recognized the power ...

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

The Last List of Miss Judith Kratt
    by Andrea Bobotis

A thoughtful and quintessentially Southern debut that unfolds like a magnolia.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly