What readers think of The Vampire Armand, plus links to write your own review.

The Vampire Armand

Sep 1999, 397 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Vampire Armand

noor

breath-taking
"The Vampire Armand" is my absolute favorite Anne Rice book. It is simply magical, touching, exciting, deep, wise, unforgettable. You can't help but fall in love with Armand, the forever young, beautiful and tragic hero of the story. Armand and his story swept me off my feet and took my breath away.

LOVE ANNE RICE!
Larious Valarian Zineheart

Greetings friends, i adore the books by Madam Ann Rice they are wonderfully detailed, the pictures that form in your head are amazing. keep up the good work my lady you are adored by many even the true damned ones like my self. V
Julieta

Well it's simply excellent. I would say it's my favourite one but there is Armand in Lestat too, and being the "bad guy" to make it better, so it's difficult to say. I like Anne Rice focusing in a specific moment, telling a single story and not crossovering (doest that word exist?) her stiores asshe does on Merrick, which left quite dissapointed to be honest. Anyway I think this is one of her best book mainly because she changes dramatically the narrative tone from an arrogant and vital Lestat to the gloomy and misterious Armand and finds the exact voice for the character, answering lots of questions about him and letting us know him better. about the sexual part, well I rather enjoy it and I think it'sso beautifully written that nobody could be offended. Anyway if you're homofobic don't read the book! and don't bother the ones who don't have any trouble with people' sexual choices...
I give this book a 5 over 5
Serenity Spencer

This has to be my favorite book out of the Vampire Chronicles. Armand's struggle is a harsh one, but shows the trued light on him and his ways.
Kayla S.

I think this book is excellent. Anne Rice descrbes everything very well and you can just about picture Armand as the story continues. This book attaches itself to you and when something happens within it, you feel it as if you were there. This book is, in my opinion, is good for people who like vampires, such as myself. This book is not really recommended for younger people, younger then myself (16), as there is some sexual content in it. I love this book and I highly recommend it.
victoria

"The Vampire Armand" is one of my favourite ones in the vampire chronicles. I love Anne Rices style of writing, the way she takes time to describe places like Venice and the paintings,and the inside of Marius`s house seems like a place I could spend a lifetime looking around. The love between Marius and Armand was beautiful and never vulgar (although quite erotic). I`m not gay by the way, but I couldn`t help just falling in love wiyh both of them. Towards the end of the book two new characters are brought in which I hope to read more about.
Guillermo

I think Anne Rice is one of the best writers of this time. She has a creative mind to write her novels and writes them to add suspense to the readers. When you read any of her books, you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. With The Vampire Armand, I read a lot and I was able to finish the book like in about a week and a half because there's so much suspense and kept me reading.
Bella

This book is one of the best installments of Anne Rices chronicle. It is described so deeply and you love Armand (even though he may not be alluring in earlier books).
Any gothic fan, horror fan or anne rice fan shoud read this book.

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

• Book Jacket: The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    by Stephanie Dray
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette, Stephanie Dray's latest work of historical fiction, revolves around ...
  • Book Jacket: Windhall
    Windhall
    by Ava Barry
    Ava Barry's debut mystery novel Windhall is centered around the salacious murder of a starlet named ...
  • Book Jacket: Libertie
    Libertie
    by Kaitlyn Greenidge
    Kaitlyn Greenidge burst onto the literary scene in 2016 with her award-winning novel, We Love You, ...
    Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982
    by Cho Nam-joo, Jamie Chang
    'Kim Jiyoung is thirty-three years old, thirty-four Korean age. She got married three years ago and ...

Of Women and Salt
    by Gabriela Garcia

A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

The Widow Queen
    by Elzbieta Cherezinska

The epic story of an 11th century Polish queen whose life and name were all but forgotten until now.

The Mountains Sing
by Nguyen Phan Que Mai
Winner of the 2020 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award: A multi-generational tale set in Viet Nam.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire